Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm merely some old buzzard, living in the state of Washington. I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder that won't get out of park unless I jam a chopstick (literally) down the hole near the shift lever to release some dodad that allows the shift lever to be moved manually. Some sort of interlock solenoid (I think). Yes, when I step on the brake I hear clicking as if something is trying to activate. It's my understanding this is a safety feature to prevent the car from being accidentally put into gear when engine off or on. Anyway -- the reason I joined this fine forum is to find out how to take the shift console cover off to see what's down there and hopefully fix it the right way myself. Today the Nissan dealer advised they can fix it for $900 and the part is difficult to find/get; however, they found the needed part 2 states away and there's only 1 available. And that fellow members is my story. Ya'll have a great day.... make it one.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,361 Posts
Hi! Glad to have you here, but just wanted to give you a heads-up that this forum specializes in the new-gen, R52 platform Pathfinder (model years 2013 and up). However, we do have a fair amount of members with older Pathys who hang out in our Older Pathfinder section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts