Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--Love my New 2013 Blue Pathfinder SL. This vehicle came with a stock stereo system with 6 speakers. Wow is it a very poor quality system.

Now, I have a system that is well hidden and rocks the whole neighborhood.

Equipment included:

--Alpine pdx-v9 5-channel

--Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Component Car Speaker/ 6-1/2-inch Car Audio Speaker Type R

--Alpine SPR-60 6.5 Coaxial Car Speaker Type R

--NEW AUDIO CONTROL LC6I 6-CHANNEL OUTPUT CONVERTER W/ LEVEL CONTROL INPUT

--KnuKonceptz TRUE 4 Gauge Amp Amplifier Install Wiring Kit

--Stinger SI426 6 ft. of 2-Channel 4000 Series RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

--Kicker CVR12

--The Controller and Amp fit under the storage area.

Even with the gain turned down to 1000, it's very loud. To much for the kids.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to get rid of my s***y stock system too! Cannot stand the sound quality expecially coming from a BMW and Kenwood systems in other cars!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got the Platinum Premium and I couldn't be happier. Sure I miss having a different head unit with full parametric eq, more advanced sound stage, and etc... But for a people hauler especially with kids I'm super impressed with the Bose system. Even if it wasn't the family vehicle I'd definitely be hard pressed to justify replacing it based on sound quality/etc.... Just throwing that out there I don't know if aftermarket installs of the premium sound/entertainment is more expensive or cheaper than doing a custom setup but it's a worthwhile consideration.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got the Platinum Premium and I couldn't be happier. Sure I miss having a different head unit with full parametric eq, more advanced sound stage, and etc... But for a people hauler especially with kids I'm super impressed with the Bose system. Even if it wasn't the family vehicle I'd definitely be hard pressed to justify replacing it based on sound quality/etc.... Just throwing that out there I don't know if aftermarket installs of the premium sound/entertainment is more expensive or cheaper than doing a custom setup but it's a worthwhile consideration.
I have the Platinum Premium with Bose as well. I, too, am pleased. Has plenty of bass and clear sound for me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Controller and Amp fit under the storage area.
Did you look at any other locations for this equipment?

I too am looking to upgrade the abysmal stock system, but would prefer to mimic the Bose setup. I have actually seen the Bose sub (which fits both the Pathfinder and the Infiniti SUV) on eBay for $100, so I am considering going that route. I believe it is an enclosed dual 8" setup. I assume it would fit in the same location, so would keep the factory appearance.

I'm also looking at utilizing the trim parts to mount speakers in all 11 locations, or at least the 3rd row position (adding 3 speakers to the dash seems like overkill).

Did you look at installing amp/subs/speakers in the factory locations not utilized by the non-Bose audio system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went for location where I had access to adjustment, Went with a small 12" sub with box. Sits directly behind right 3rd row seat. Was looking for quality not not volume for Rap or R&B. The Sub space is the only drawback. That's what our cargo rack is for. We are use to using a bag on our RAV 4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$1400 installed. Everything bought online. Install was $200. However, the other 5 quotes were 400-475 installed in Nashville TN. Much better deal than factory install. Sounds like a concert hall.

·
Registered
440 Posts
$1400 installed.
Did you swap everything at the same time or did you test individual components?

I have determined that the factory speakers in the rear doors are by far the weakest link in the system. My main objective is to improve low frequency (mid-bass) response, which seems to be limited by the OEM speakers, not the amplifier/control unit.

I am curious if I could get significant improvement by swapping the rear door 6.75" speakers for some cheap aftermarket ones with something like a 3-way 2-25w RMS rating and frequency response down to 40-50hz. I would also probably want to update the front door 6x9s at some point with matching 3-way speakers, and probably add an external amp, 8-10" sealed sub, and 3-way 4" 3rd row speakers.

I'm wondering how little of that I can do and still see a significant improvement, yet I definitely want to use components that have a tonal match speaker for each of those locations. Any insight you can share from your install?

·
Registered
47 Posts
--Love my New 2013 Blue Pathfinder SL. This vehicle came with a stock stereo system with 6 speakers. Wow is it a very poor quality system.

Now, I have a system that is well hidden and rocks the whole neighborhood.

Equipment included:

--Alpine pdx-v9 5-channel

--Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Component Car Speaker/ 6-1/2-inch Car Audio Speaker Type R

--Alpine SPR-60 6.5 Coaxial Car Speaker Type R

--NEW AUDIO CONTROL LC6I 6-CHANNEL OUTPUT CONVERTER W/ LEVEL CONTROL INPUT

--KnuKonceptz TRUE 4 Gauge Amp Amplifier Install Wiring Kit

--Stinger SI426 6 ft. of 2-Channel 4000 Series RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

--Kicker CVR12

--The Controller and Amp fit under the storage area.

Even with the gain turned down to 1000, it's very loud. To much for the kids.
Those Alpine amp was pretty cool. Small footprint and nice looking. I had them on my FJ cruiser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts