Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
That's a sweet bike!

It's amazing how the Rona ate up the supply of bicycles. The cheaper ones anyway.

I know I've been doing a lot of street riding with the kids this past few months after literally not riding a bicycle in like 35yrs.

A Trek is a little beyond my pay grade! Gotta be nice though.

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sweet bike!

It's amazing how the Rona ate up the supply of bicycles. The cheaper ones anyway.

I know I've been doing a lot of street riding with the kids this past few months after literally not riding a bicycle in like 35yrs.

A Trek is a little beyond my pay grade! Gotta be nice though.
Thanks.
I plan on doing a lot of trail riding so I figured I'd need a decent starter bike.
I was looking into Specialized first. Yea their inventory was all out of stock for the models I was looking into.
So I called the local Trek dealer. They had 1 of my size in stock. I was going the next morning to test ride it.
It was sold while the guy was assembling it. lol They did have a M/L that was in stock and was told it would fit my height better that a M. So I put half down to save it. It's crazy the bike shortage right now. They only had maybe 12 bikes for sale and they were well over my pay grade.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
36 Posts
Cool looking bike, enjoy the rides!

Let us know how you find the bike rack once in use few times. I have one that tilt for rear hatch opening but does not fold when not in use (kijiji purchase for $50).

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the compliment. The rack should be here tomorrow. I will get quick use out of it bc I have to take the bike in already. The first ride out the chain sags when I stop peddling so the shop needs to make some adjustments to it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks.
I plan on doing a lot of trail riding so I figured I'd need a decent starter bike.
I was looking into Specialized first. Yea their inventory was all out of stock for the models I was looking into.
So I called the local Trek dealer. They had 1 of my size in stock. I was going the next morning to test ride it.
It was sold while the guy was assembling it. lol They did have a M/L that was in stock and was told it would fit my height better that a M. So I put half down to save it. It's crazy the bike shortage right now. They only had maybe 12 bikes for sale and they were well over my pay grade.
Just at the onset of this covid crap my youngest two boys were constantly asking me to go ride bikes with them. The darling bride suggested I get myself one as a very early father's day gift. Knowing nothing about bikes and not wanting to spend a lot, I mail ordered a Mongoose dolomite 26" fat bike for myself through wally world. It was around $250. Literally a week later you couldn't find that same bike or ANY cheap bike and if you did, it was $500+

Anyway, I've actually put a quite a few road miles on it as we for several months, rode daily. It's not terrible to ride, but is a very heavy bike and my 6ft, 220lb bratwurst like frame could use a larger frame szie. It's been so hot lately we've kind of slacked. It's not a bad bike for a throw away, but it's got to be so nice to be properly fitted to a bike that maximizes your foot power. Here's mine wally cheapy:

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just at the onset of this covid crap my youngest two boys were constantly asking me to go ride bikes with them. The darling bride suggested I get myself one as a very early father's day gift. Knowing nothing about bikes and not wanting to spend a lot, I mail ordered a Mongoose dolomite 26" fat bike for myself through wally world. It was around $250. Literally a week later you couldn't find that same bike or ANY cheap bike and if you did, it was $500+

Anyway, I've actually put a quite a few road miles on it as we for several months, rode daily. It's not terrible to ride, but is a very heavy bike and my 6ft, 220lb bratwurst like frame could use a larger frame szie. It's been so hot lately we've kind of slacked. It's not a bad bike for a throw away, but it's got to be so nice to be properly fitted to a bike that maximizes your foot power. Here's mine wally cheapy:

That is slick looking. Just by my first glance I had no clue it was a mountain bike.

·
Registered
259 Posts
These "Fat-Boys" are interesting. Thought they were for sandy or muddy riding. My very limited knowledge about biking tells me a fatter tire means more resistance and more resistance means more energy to get from 1 point to the other. I had thought that is the reason road bikes have skinny tires - to reduce road resistance but I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's definitely a slow roller for street riding. You'd never be able to take it on a 30mile ride, but living in the rural-ish area we do, the fat tires are nice on gravel, dirt, etc. You don't loose stability. When you get up to speed on pavement, the tires hum. For an out of shape soon to be fiddy year old dude, It's not bad, but hopping on it, then something like a Trek has got to be night/day. I've actually never ridden a 'good' bicycle. I'm kind of afraid to because it will ruin me. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts