Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Northern Utah :D Hoping it gets better-
Took ownership of a new 2013 28 days ago- Like the drive stance, style.
I should add, my wife's first NEW car...

The dash displays and gauges failed on the drive home- replaced after several days/trips back to the dealer...

Fast forward 1 week to the main seal leaking, between engine and trans, still at the dealer for repair.

We've "owned" it a whopping 28 days, 9 of which we've had custody

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Northern Utah :D Hoping it gets better-
Took ownership of a new 2013 28 days ago- Like the drive stance, style.
I should add, my wife's first NEW car...

The dash displays and gauges failed on the drive home- replaced after several days/trips back to the dealer...

Fast forward 1 week to the main seal leaking, between engine and trans, still at the dealer for repair.

We've "owned" it a whopping 28 days, 9 of which we've had custody
WOW! Sounds like you've got a lemon.

I believe at my dealer, they had a 30-day money back guarantee. You might want to look into that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Unlucky, welcome aboard anyways. Seems Pathfinder talk gets alot of lemon owners. Intersting how forums work, either its people super excited and into the car, or like here, its a bunch of people pretty dissapointed and looking for help.

Anyways good luck. You got the judder?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer has essentially said, we sympathize with you but go jump in the lake, "talk to Nissan"...

Utah lemon law is 30 days in the shop, so clock is ticking there.

No judder, but have only had the car availible to drive a few days

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
... Seems Pathfinder talk gets alot of lemon owners. Intersting how forums work, either its people super excited and into the car, or like here, its a bunch of people pretty dissapointed and looking for help...
Not necessarily. Yes, people will access the forum who have an interest in the brand, but the majority of people on ANY forum are lurkers and never contribute unless something strikes a chord with them or they need help.

Since the 2013 model year is a redesign, you're naturally going to get postings about issues, dislikes, gripes, etc. People who have no gripes and who are completely happy are not likely to contribute. But they're still readers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had an Altima before my Pathfinder and it was such a bad experience I swore I would never get a Nissan again, and what do you know, I fell in love with the Pathfinder. My first SUV and this is the first time that EVERYTIME i see my vehicle in my driveway, it puts a smile on my face. It handles great and looks great. Some things I could 'complain' about, but all-in-all it's my fave vehicle ever. That said, this is also my first forum i've been a member of and it's an awesome experience. I've gotten so much help and I've tried to answer and contribute as much as I can. People that aren't too upset or too psyched about owning the SUV aren't going to contribute, as with everything else, the care is just not there. I really wish this guy the best of luck...lemon law should protect him, i would raise **** and only speak to managers and get everybody involved up until i got a new ride. Don't let them boss you around.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I had an Altima before my Pathfinder and it was such a bad experience I swore I would never get a Nissan again, and what do you know, I fell in love with the Pathfinder. My first SUV and this is the first time that EVERYTIME i see my vehicle in my driveway, it puts a smile on my face. It handles great and looks great. Some things I could 'complain' about, but all-in-all it's my fave vehicle ever. That said, this is also my first forum i've been a member of and it's an awesome experience. I've gotten so much help and I've tried to answer and contribute as much as I can. People that aren't too upset or too psyched about owning the SUV aren't going to contribute, as with everything else, the care is just not there. I really wish this guy the best of luck...lemon law should protect him, i would raise **** and only speak to managers and get everybody involved up until i got a new ride. Don't let them boss you around.
It's always nice to have members like you that don't just lurk around getting any bit of info they can without contributing and giving back. It's just even more of a reason I like forums like this. We're all like a little family haha

Yazz for president!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really wish this guy the best of luck...lemon law should protect him, i would raise **** and only speak to managers and get everybody involved up until i got a new ride. Don't let them boss you around.
Thanks- I'm trying :D, but seems they (managers, etc) all have gone into duck and cover mode...

Yesterday I was told to contact Nissan, "the number is in your service manual".
I then pointed out the service manual was IN THE GLOVE BOX, in his service bay. He said he'd text me the number. No word yet...

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Thanks- I'm trying :D, but seems they (managers, etc) all have gone into duck and cover mode...

Yesterday I was told to contact Nissan, "the number is in your service manual".
I then pointed out the service manual was IN THE GLOVE BOX, in his service bay. He said he'd text me the number. No word yet...
Exerpts from the Nissan Warranty Information Booklet Supplement for Utah:
"If you have concerns or questions regarding your new Nissan and have been unable to resolve them to your satisfaction with your Nissan dealer, please contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.

To request a replacement or repurchase of the vehicle, please write to Nissan at Nissan North America, Inc., Consumer Affairs Department, P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003 and allow Nissan an opportunity to repair the vehicle. However, in the event that there remains an unresolved dispute, please be aware that the Utah New Motor Vehicles Warranties Act provides that a consumer may only enforce his or her claim under the law after the claim has first been evaluated by the Utah Division of Consumer Protection."
So it looks like you'll need to contact them too. Don't delay. Time only works in their favor.

Also, there's some good information about your situation in this thread: http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...cussion-forum/1106-how-does-buyback-work.html.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not necessarily. Yes, people will access the forum who have an interest in the brand, but the majority of people on ANY forum are lurkers and never contribute unless something strikes a chord with them or they need help.

Since the 2013 model year is a redesign, you're naturally going to get postings about issues, dislikes, gripes, etc. People who have no gripes and who are completely happy are not likely to contribute. But they're still readers.
Agree with this one .... Praying everyday I don't have a problem with mine as its has been problem free since I purchased it in March 2013. 11k mi so far.:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exerpts from the Nissan Warranty Information Booklet Supplement for Utah:
"If you have concerns or questions regarding your new Nissan and have been unable to resolve them to your satisfaction with your Nissan dealer, please contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.

To request a replacement or repurchase of the vehicle, please write to Nissan at Nissan North America, Inc., Consumer Affairs Department, P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003 and allow Nissan an opportunity to repair the vehicle. However, in the event that there remains an unresolved dispute, please be aware that the Utah New Motor Vehicles Warranties Act provides that a consumer may only enforce his or her claim under the law after the claim has first been evaluated by the Utah Division of Consumer Protection."
So it looks like you'll need to contact them too. Don't delay. Time only works in their favor.

Also, there's some good information about your situation in this thread: http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...cussion-forum/1106-how-does-buyback-work.html.
Excellent, thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's always nice to have members like you that don't just lurk around getting any bit of info they can without contributing and giving back. It's just even more of a reason I like forums like this. We're all like a little family haha

Yazz for president!
I agree with you on that, this truly does feel like a tiny family that helps each other whatever way they can and all because of a Pathfinder...I surely did find new paths, and I am glad I did! :)

Thank you for your vote! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again, thanks to those who've chimed in-

An update (it doesnt get better...)
I called the dealer this afternoon (per our last conversation on 9/30, vehicle was supposed to be ready to go by yesterday/this AM at the latest) and recieved no return from the GM....

I called the service area to get a VIN # for Nissan to start a claim, a very nice tech by the name of Curtis informed me they had indeed tried to put the trans back together with some success, but then the trans began to grind at startup... Ugg

Curtis informed me they were looking at the flywheel/torque converter/other?- Parts not due to SHIP until 10/4, vehicle not expected to be completed until at least 10/11

I called/started a claim with Nissan shortly after I wished Curtis a good afternoon...

Supposed to hear back, from Nissan North AMerica/western div. tomorrow

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Good for you! I'm glad you decided to take some action with NNA. Please keep us informed of your progress.

I hope they are giving you a loaner car while you are being inconvenienced!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Supposed to hear back, from Nissan North AMerica/western div. tomorrow
Just some advice - don't hold your breath on hearing back from Nissan. I've been promised return calls as well and I've yet to actually get one.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
unlucky. hopefully the problems stop for you here. if not I'd definitely start urging the dealer for a new car. or look into lemon laws in your state.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good for you! I'm glad you decided to take some action with NNA. Please keep us informed of your progress.

I hope they are giving you a loaner car while you are being inconvenienced!
We have had a loaner (Rouge) but my wife (primary driver) has been uncomfortable driving it, worries about "something happening to it," etc- has been just dirving the older van. We're returning the loaner today. Perhaps best to cut those strings at this point.

Just some advice - don't hold your breath on hearing back from Nissan. I've been promised return calls as well and I've yet to actually get one.
Thanks- Not good news but not really surprised either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
unlucky. hopefully the problems stop for you here. if not I'd definitely start urging the dealer for a new car. or look into lemon laws in your state.
Yup on all accounts- I've expressed the same to the dealer. THe dealer's GM said in effect, he agreed with me but to stop calling and take it up with Nissan...

Edit: Mods- if this thread has progressed past the new member/inro phase, feel free to relocate to a more applicable location....

·
Registered
262 Posts
maybe when you get your pathfinder back the dealer will of installed the Judder for you ;)

all jokes aside like some of the other members have said dont take any flak from these swine. Everybody wants to shirk by with the least amount of effort possible. From the sounds of it you have tried to play ball fairly with them up until now but considering the lack of reciprocation on their part I'd say its time to start playing a different game.

Make up a lie or two, never threaten, but definitely stretch the truth here or there, maybe accuse them of breaking your tranny on purpose. Essentially let them know you will not be stepped on.

Even let them know that you contribute on this forum and have well documented your experience with said dealer, let them know their reputation is going to take a hit. Most managers know how vicious forums and social media can be to their brand. See that's the thing, when they know your situation is being shared with many like minded people (as you) their strategy switches gears as its not about customer service on the individual level but public relations on a national level, or at least regional..

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Make up a lie or two, never threaten, but definitely stretch the truth here or there, maybe accuse them of breaking your tranny on purpose. Essentially let them know you will not be stepped on.

Even let them know that you contribute on this forum ...
...then they'll know that they're lying, stretching the truth and accusing them of something that's not true... :eek: all because you suggested it!

Remember, there's a lot of Mormons in Utah. :eek:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts