Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a Nissan dealer to look at the Frontier an ended up buying a Pathfinder. Had the NIssan trailer hitch added to pull my utility trailer. Thinking about adding fog lamps - not at all impressed with the low beams. I had the dealer adjust them up a bit which helped, but not nearly as good as our Suburu Outback or the 2004 F150 that it replaced. Otherwise I am quite pleased with it. Appreciate the forum and some things I have already picked up from it.

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! You will find a lot of conversation here about lighting. Many of our members have upgraded theirs, including installing fog lamps. Do a browse of the electronic section for some ideas.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow! Talk about a 180 in terms of what you initially wanted! Congrats though. Either is a fine vehicle. My father-in-law has a 2017 Nissan Frontier SV crew cab 4x4 long bed. They are great trucks, it's just that they suck as much fuel as a V8 and have the turning radius of a school bus.

For lighter duty trailed hauling, the PF makes more sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less of a 180 than you might think. I was going to put a topper on the truck as I need to keep things out of the weather occasionally. This way I have comparable space with the option of more seating when I need it. For those things that I threw in the truck I still have a utility trailer that I can pull with the PF.

I drive a school bus so I find your remark about turning radius to be funny, although I thought the PF and the Frontier were comparable. I thought the Frontier rode better and seating position was better than the Toyota Tacoma.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I drive a school bus so I find your remark about turning radius to be funny, although I thought the PF and the Frontier were comparable. I thought the Frontier rode better and seating position was better than the Toyota Tacoma.
I do agree about the interior and driving comfort of the Frontier vs. the Tacoma. I feel the Frontier is a much better value in general. In terms of the PF and Frontier's tight turning ability being similar? They are vastly different. I've put quite a few miles on both. The geometry of the front axles on the Frontiers are such that they make a 3 point turn into a 5 pointer. This is a very common complaint in Frontier related forums as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts