Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Just got my 2013 Pathfinder SL 4x4 with the premium package/Bose on Saturday. Desert Sand color with black leather interior.

Coming from a 2005 HONDA PILOT....

I love every minute of my Pathfinder this weekend. It is a great driving truck. Love the quality and features. will post pics soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats and safe driving. We have the same except it is white with charcoal.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
How would you compare it to the Honda Pilot? Miss anything?

·
Registered
186 Posts
welcome to the forum. looking forward to hearing your opinions once you have had the car for a while.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow....compared to a 2005 honda....wait i cant compare...the honda pilot...replaced tranny, rebuilt engine...both blew at the same time. every month something has to be fixed....may as well use that money on something new....and more fun to drive

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
wow....compared to a 2005 honda....wait i cant compare...the honda pilot...replaced tranny, rebuilt engine...both blew at the same time. every month something has to be fixed....may as well use that money on something new....and more fun to drive
I never knew this about the Honda Pilot, was always under the impression that it was an amazing vehicle, much like the rest of the honda's out their.

Did you buy it brand new or used? If used I can see why, new, not sure.

Were a lot of Pilots known to do this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a Honda Pilot that I bought new. No mechanical problems. What I remember is comfortable seats and a lot of road noise. Not so sure about the Pathfinder seats but the road noise is not there. Overall the Pathy trumps the Pilot by a mile.

Harvey

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
so much for honda reliability.

You might have just been unlucky though. Most of the Pilot owners I've met had good ownership experiences.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the honda V6 engine with the 5 speed tranny is known to give tranny issues...I know of at least 6 people where they have had to replace trannys for a v6 Honda. Honday is just unwilling to do anything about it. Same tranny is being used in todays pilot too. They make great 4 cyl cars....but never me and a v6 honda again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the honda V6 engine with the 5 speed tranny is known to give tranny issues...I know of at least 6 people where they have had to replace trannys for a v6 Honda. Honday is just unwilling to do anything about it. Same tranny is being used in todays pilot too. They make great 4 cyl cars....but never me and a v6 honda again.
Yes I have read the same complaints on 12 and 13 models of the Honda Pilot. The Honda Civic is supposedly one of the most reliable cars made. I have read of people rushing out to buy Pilots because of the negative owner complaints about the CVT transmissions on Pathfinders. They may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire! I did one time buy a first year model car the 2006 Rav4, but I bought it in February..not October. I have had Zero problems with it and it has almost 90,000 miles on it. Its best to wait 6 months or so to get the initial kinks worked out.:D

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I've owned 2 Pilots - a 2005 and a 2010. Neither had any of the problems described here.

Yes, they were noisy, road rough and had craptastic interiors (the 2010 more so than the 2005, oddly enough). But mechanical reliability was superb. The first year Pilots (2003) and some of the early 2004s had an oil jet recall for the tranny, but that's the only major problem they ever had in the drivetrain department.

Obviously individual experiences will vary, but I don't think these complaints are germane to the entire Honda V6 product lineup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
individual experience do differ but i cant agree with your comment...I have seen pilots, accord, and odesseys all V6 and all with tranny issues. Like I also said I personally know about 6 people with these issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts