Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the gunmetal 18s stock and can’t seem to find anything of a bigger size that will fit. o found a set of Rhinos 18s I like if I have to stick with that size but I’d like 20s at minimum. How important is the offset when switching the wheels?

·
Administrator
5,067 Posts
Basically, the lower the offset number, the more the wheel sticks out. The higher the number the more the wheel sits inside the wheel well. Rims with too low an offset can cause troubles with the outside edge of the tire rubbing on the fender or wheel well. Rims with too high an offset can cause troubles with the inside edge of the tire rubbing on the suspension or wheel well. I think you might get away with a 40 mm offset, but I wouldn't go much lower.

Have you looked at getting a set of OEM 20" wheels? There have been posts on the forum where people have traded lower size to higher and vice-versa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, the lower the offset number, the more the wheel sticks out. The higher the number the more the wheel sits inside the wheel well. Rims with too low an offset can cause troubles with the outside edge of the tire rubbing on the fender or wheel well. Rims with too high an offset can cause troubles with the inside edge of the tire rubbing on the suspension or wheel well. I think you might get away with a 40 mm offset, but I wouldn't go much lower.

Have you looked at getting a set of OEM 20" wheels? There have been posts on the forum where people have traded lower size to higher and vice-versa.
The 20” from the Platinum trim would be interchangeable?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking at swapping out the rims on my white 2013 Pathfinder Plat edition. Looking at black rims but of course budget will be an issue if at all doable.
Check out the Wheel-size.com website it has a calculator that shows you the differences between two sizes of tires/wheels etc... Its a great tool in helping figure out what fits and what could cause issues.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD boulder grey/chestnut brown
6 Posts
I am looking at swapping out the rims on my white 2013 Pathfinder Plat edition. Looking at black rims but of course budget will be an issue if at all doable.
[/QUOTE

]
I have the gunmetal 18s stock and can’t seem to find anything of a bigger size that will fit. o found a set of Rhinos 18s I like if I have to stick with that size but I’d like 20s at minimum. How important is the offset when switching the wheels?
Hey not sure if you like this style but these are 20” DUB wheels I believe S110 6 bolt fit right into the factory tires!

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts