Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I TOOK MY HEADS TO GET REDONE VALVES RESURFACED ECT WELL THIS IS WHAT I GOT THE MACHINIST SAYS HE DIDNT KNOW IF ITS A INTERFERENCE ENGINE.IS THAT NORMAL BUT WERE LOOKING IN HEAD A H20 WATER HOLES ARE FULLY PLUGED AND U TELL ME WHAT TO DO 250.00 LATER

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1987 path vg 3o heads help

CAN SOME ONE LOOK AT THESE PICTURES TELL ME THAT THEY TOOK OFF TO MUCH ON RESURFACE VALVE JOB

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,163 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its really hard to tell by looking at pictures, assuming the last pic is the "before", using my eyeOmeter I'd say they removed about 1/32" which might sound excessive but will depend on the initial condition of the head.
The impact will be an increase in compression ratio (many would like this but might force you to use a higher fuel grade) and could cause the valves to hit the pistons. This last one you can easily verify during assembly using ink on the valves and checking if it transfers onto the pistons. You can also check if you can get thicker head gaskets to compensate.

Don't understand your first comment, are you saying the coolant passage is blocked?
What was the issue, why did you take it off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts