Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a brake controller installed on my '13 PF. At the time of installation, the controller light lit whenever you stepped on the brake or slid the manual control over.

When I actually plugged my trailer into it and went to adjust the controller, the light stopped working and the trailer brakes did not engage when I used the manual control.

I called the installer (who I trust because he runs a marine business and has done this on scores of American cars), and he says that it's probably a blown fuse. I checked the fuses I thought were applicable under the dash and under the hood, and all looked intact (not blown). There were a couple of tow-related fuses, but nothing marked "brake". I will probably just bring it back to him to troubleshoot, but I thought if it were something obvious, I should follow that path first.

He did use the dealer-supplied pigtail connection and I have to assume he connected the wires correctly, so just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD
70 Posts
I would disconnect and reconnect the connectors. Seems like the fuses for these are located all over. Good luck and let us know what you find out. Mine has about 600 miles on the installation (prodigy P3) and still works perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts