Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled upon this message board while doing research and I already have learned a lot...especially, with pricing. But anyways, I'm looking to buy a new Pathfinder. Would love a Platinum, but probably will have to settle for SL.

I took a look at some at some at one of the local dealers and he said I could add a navigation system to the SL for $2k. Does anyone know if that is accurate or if he's talk out of his a*s?? He said all they have to do is switch the monitor out and program it. He even mentioned how someone bought a base Murano and added almost everything, including nav.

Thanks for the help.

Comy

·
Registered
6 Posts
my wife and I were in the same boat. we really wanted a SL but the dealer told me that you COULD NOT add a navigation unless you went to Platinum.

I asked the owner and he said the same thing. I also have a brother in law who works for nissan and he told me the same thing. its hard to believe that you cant add on a nav system so id be very curious on what your guy is saying.

my guy said he could sell me a base Platinum with Nav for $35,900 which isnt too bad, especially if i can get him down to 35k. it still would have leather, cold/heated seats and nav, 20 inch rims, just no DVD or moonroof.

let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My dealer told me as well that I have to go with Platinum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
that can get expensive, very expensive, they have really good add ons though, like radar detector and web browser, i still think is way overpriced

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Why not just go with a portable one? For a fraction of the cost of a built-in unit, you can take it to whatever vehicle you want and there are a variety of different mounts to suit your needs. I realize it's an easy smash and grab, but if you get one with an easy to use mount, it's easy enough to unclip it when it's not in use and stow it away safely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know garmin use to make a unit that would turn any color lcd screen into navigation ...it ran about 600-700 bucks and worked well. for me navigation isnt a need for me my last suv had nav and i never used it..considering if you neeeded to use it you would have to come to a complete stop to enter any info...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed the Internet guy at the dealer again and he confirmed that I could add the navi ONLY for $2k or possibly less. He said that since the LCD size is the same they just need to swap it out and program it. He said it obviously won't have the around view monitor because that would require the added side mirror cameras. I don't know I'm still skeptical.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I emailed the Internet guy at the dealer again and he confirmed that I could add the navi ONLY for $2k or possibly less. He said that since the LCD size is the same they just need to swap it out and program it. He said it obviously won't have the around view monitor because that would require the added side mirror cameras. I don't know I'm still skeptical.
If that is true, I would like to install one. About a couple months ago, the parts guy at the dealer said, OEM navi is almost impossible to install. I wonder if Nissan starts offer now. Please let us know if you are installing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have an iphone (not sure about android) and run Google Maps while connected through bluetooth, it will announce turn by turn direction over the car stereo. Just something to think about before spending $2k extra dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
If you have an iphone (not sure about android) and run Google Maps while connected through bluetooth, it will announce turn by turn direction over the car stereo. Just something to think about before spending $2k extra dollars.
I noticed that just a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, the Garmin App doesn't do it. Bummer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts