Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start with my 2022 PF SV initial issue - As soon as picked my PF (a little over 1 year ego), alarm kept going off spontaneously after I lock it, and walk away. I kept receiving annoying notifications on my Nissan Connect app. Right around march of this year, alarms stopped.

Second issue developed about 2 months ego - Auto Start/Stop stopped working. It would not attempt to shut down an engine when I come to a complete stop at the traffic light, and no more lurching. As you can imagine, the only problem with my vehicle that ever made me happy - that was it, almost had tears of joy in my eyes ;)

Last week took my PF for service, and for some unknown to me reason I decided to disclose issues I've been having with it. Today they called me and said my PF is ready for pickup.
When I got there, I spoke with service manager cause I wanted to know in details what they did, and what they found.

Turns out, the technician found an open circuit on the hood switch. Circuit should be closed when hood is shut. Upon inspection of the latch and wiring. tech found red wire for connector E234 was pinched during install, and developed a fully open circuit over time. Once he soldered broken wire, both issues above were fixed according to service manager.

I will keep an eye on both issues, and will report back if they will come back.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,508 Posts
This goes in line what was shared in this post:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This goes in line what was shared in this post:

Except I wasn't trying to disable it.
On the other thought , purposely disabling it may disable an alarm as well. Wonder if people who disabled hood sensor still have a functional alarm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts