Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum.
I just wanted to share how my PF is doing with hauling a travel trailer.
I have a Keystone 240BHSW which has a dry weight of 5192.
With wife, kids, dog, gear, and bikes, we are tipping the scales with a gross weight of 11,200 lbs (yes I understand that is technically 200 lbs over the gcvw limit)
We have some big time pressure on the weight distribution hitch, to get weight up front.
Axle weights are:
Front 1330kg (2930lbs)
Rear 1360kg (3000lbs)
Trailer 2400kg (5290lbs)
Handles awesome, has no problem maintaining 65+mph (Except on big mountain pulls) and is very stable at that speed.
I have been averaging close to 8mpg (US) while towing, which is in the interior of B.C. and isn’t exactly flat.
I highly recommend the PF as a medium sized tow vehicle!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
679 Posts
Good to hear it works well for you.

That's about the biggest, heaviest travel trailer report I've seen with a 2017+ Pathfinder.

·
Registered
334 Posts
From the photo the pathfinder seems to be squatting a bit and the trailer seems to be high in the front hitch....that's kinda weird...is that an equalizer WDH?

Edit: is that the dry weight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the photo the pathfinder seems to be squatting a bit and the trailer seems to be high in the front hitch....that's kinda weird...is
Good catch! Unfortunately it’s not the best picture, the rear tire is actually down in a pothole, I was just walking towards it and thought I’d take a picture, didn’t intend to necessarily post it on here. I’m thinking about dropping the hitch ball down one more notch, but the weights are perfect and it rides really nicely, so I don’t know if I want to mess it up.

It’s a Fastway E2 hitch. Was supposed to get the equalizer but it was sold out when I went to pick up the trailer. This one works well though.

I’ll take some measurements of PF heights with and without the trailer hooked up and report back :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
With wife, kids, dog, gear, and bikes, we are tipping the scales with a gross weight of 11,200 lbs (yes I understand that is technically 200 lbs over the gcvw limit)
We have some big time pressure on the weight distribution hitch, to get weight up front.
Axle weights are:
Front 1330kg (2930lbs)
Rear 1360kg (3000lbs)
Trailer 2400kg (5290lbs)
Handles awesome, has no problem maintaining 65+mph (Except on big mountain pulls) and is very stable at that speed.
I have been averaging close to 8mpg (US) while towing, which is in the interior of B.C. and isn’t exactly flat.
View attachment 15658
Funny, I 4,000 lbs. and definitely know it's back there.
Sway control and still iffy over 60 mph.
Drops 2" in back do adding airbags in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Axle weights are:
Front 1330kg (2930lbs)
Rear 1360kg (3000lbs)
Trailer 2400kg (5290lbs)
View attachment 15658
Wow, I’ve got a 2018 Pathfinder SV and also a Keystone Bullet with slide out (unladen 4270 lbs). So far towing has been a breeze but I really haven’t taking any trips that I’ve had more than light to moderate inclines. I’ve been a bit worried about going through any routes with moderate to steep in Clines (ep the Adirondacks). I’d really like to talk to you more about the different routes you’ve taken and the grades of inclines you’ve encountered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts