Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I recently picked up a 17 pathfinder sl and I'm working through a strange issue. When we picked the vehicle up from the used car lot they had it freshly detailed so we didn't notice right away but after the second day it had a faint "dirty sock" odor in it. I replaced the cabin filter which had small brown stains on it, cleaned the entire inside from top to bottom smelling along the way for potentially smelly carpet spots, seats, and any other spots. Seemed to help until we drove it the next day. As the weather is cold here the vehicle is warmed up with the heat running and there's no noticeable smell but as soon as it hits a comfortable temp and we turn the air down to 75 or something in that range we start to get the smell back. Also my kids made me aware that the rear vents barely blow any air out of them and when I checked the center console vents are very weak and the 3rd row vents blow absolutely nothing. Being that it's pretty new is it possible the evaporator is broken and causing weak air and potentially an odor even if we aren't running the ac? In my research I found that it would not be a task to remove the evaporator myself but has anyone tried cleaning it with a foam kit through the drain tube? And if I was to run a cleaning agent through the vent intake below the front window is the location under the black plastic with a bunch of small holes in it found when I'm looking under the hood? Sorry I am an avid diy person but have zero knowledge of these vehicles. The vehicle is pretty nice but I'm frustrated to be dealing with wierd issues right of the bat, it's killing my attitude towards it and hopefully there's a solution other than a large repair bill or fighting the used lot we got it from as I'm sure they won't work with us outside the 30 day basic warranty it had. Thanks for any advice passed along!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Insulation under carpet could be wet and moldy. I would take car back to dealer immediately and raise a stink. Ask them for a an alternative vehicle and to make it right. Otherwise, you should threaten to sue them and leave a bad review online. I would spend all day on their sales floor telling prospective buyers of your issue. Take peoples pics, start name dropping, email corporate. Sometimes you have to do this to get the wheels turning. I speak from experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts