Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

In Canada here, and I picked up my Arctic Blue Pathfinder SL last week. I've been reading this site over the last few weeks, which all of you have provided some really good information - thanks!

A question about the MPG or L/100KM indicator. When my Path is stopped at a traffic light, the L/km indicator is on the maximum amount (ie, 30 L/100km), but when the car starts to move again, then it seems to go back to normal.

I know its brand new and it takes a bit to wear in before I can get the better fuel consumption; but i'm averaging about 15L/100km right now - city driving; but wondering if may be due to the 30L/100km during idling that may average my fuel consumption high.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It will max out because you are burning fuel and not moving. The more you travel without stopping, the better fuel efficiency you will get. That is why fuel efficiency is better on highway than city driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I was used to my 06 subaru outback. when I idle, the L/100Km appears to be 0. When I saw the Path at 30 L/100km during idling i was wondering if there was something wrong. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts