Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a solution to monitoring CVT temps while driving? I've perused most of the threads regarding it, but nobody seemed to have anything that worked. I have the Torque Pro app and it displays trans temp BUT it is only displaying the engine coolant temperature numbers, as they stay identical always. So maybe someone has a custom pid to get the correct data. Anyone try cvtz50? I see one review that says it worked on a 2016 pathfinder, but not sure if it actually reads the correct data . Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
617 Posts
Hopefully someone will chime in. I have read of some aftermarket solutions where people were able to read this temp with aftermarket apps and scanners IIRC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cvtz50 appears to be the answer. Downloaded the demo and it reads ok so went with the full version. Looking good!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there a specific elm unit required to run this on our pathfinder?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a specific elm unit required to run this on our pathfinder?
Nothing special. I'm using the same one that i bought 8 years ago for a Chevy Cobalt! I do believe they are hit and miss with quality though, so find one that works and keep it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,465 Posts
Well, it's not like I have a bunch to choose from... I also have this one that I use on my Ford on Forscan, it has MS-CAN and HS-CAN but I do not have any software for Nissan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it's not like I have a bunch to choose from... I also have this one that I use on my Ford on Forscan, it has MS-CAN and HS-CAN but I do not have any software for Nissan.
Of course. I guess what I'm saying is that the app works, so a new Bluetooth device is your solution.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,465 Posts
Reading the specs of that one, it says it works with ALL OBDII protocols. I got mine of eBay in 2016 and got the cheapest one, I believe it was this one. This one says SOME.

I now wonder if that is why some custom gauges I installed in Torque to read AWD%, Boost and Knock for my SHO never worked because of that...

Ordered, thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The CVTz50 spec says version v1.5 is required, not v2.1.
I purchased a v 1.5, ran demo, then purchased the full CVTz50.
Thanks to moderator for fixing the pictures.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I found this to be a good article in choosing an OBD2 adaptor, still haven't bought one, but now at least I know what to avoid

I was looking at this one as it mentioned US Chip

and maybe this one, but don't know if the extra $$ worth it ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts