Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search on this and the results were a few years old.

The question is which phone holder is best? (subjective, I know) Back in Scotland I used a long neck with suction to windscreen (windshield), mounted at dash level (very low) in the A Pillar corner (RHD).

Dont know how the South Florida heat affects suction cups or what the law is in Palm Beach County/Florida with regards where holders can be mounted?

I dont like vent mounts as its warm here and previous experience illustrate vent mounts bend and/or damage the vent.

What do you suggest?

Thanks🙂

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
73 Posts
Hi,

If you are willing to gave up one cup holder spot, this is a good option:

My wife has one for her Honda CRV, I personally use a vent holder due to the location in the PF.

Cheers,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

If you are willing to gave up one cup holder spot, this is a good option:

My wife has one for her Honda CRV, I personally use a vent holder due to the location in the PF.

Cheers,
Thanks for your reply.

Great idea but I cant justify the cost. My budget would be sub 30USD at the very best.

Thank you again .

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
73 Posts
You might find other brands (or no brands) of the same idea on Amazon, e.bay...etc.

I couldn't justify the cost either :) so I stuck with my vent mounted one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might find other brands (or no brands) of the same idea on Amazon, e.bay...etc.

I couldn't justify the cost either :) so I stuck with my vent mounted one.

Good luck!
Thanks.

There is so much choice available.

Have you ever used a suction mount, how do they perform in hot weather?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I actually have a cup holder phone mount with the magnet and a gooseneck. It works pretty well for me since the phone sits pretty high and it's right next to my hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 15988 I actually have a cup holder phone mount with the magnet and a gooseneck. It works pretty well for me since the phone sits pretty high and it's right next to my hand.
Thanks for your response and image. Thanks also to Max76 for getting the ball rolling on cup holder mounts.

Being new to US roads I have enough to concentrate on just watching the road and the road signs; then of course there are the lunatic Florida drivers!

Your set-up looks very convenient and a workable solution. Is this type of holder readily available? What length approx is the flexi gooseneck?

Google is my friend.......

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks for your response and image. Thanks also to Max76 for getting the ball rolling on cup holder mounts.

Being new to US roads I have enough to concentrate on just watching the road and the road signs; then of course there are the lunatic Florida drivers!

Your set-up looks very convenient and a workable solution. Is this type of holder readily available? What length approx is the flexi gooseneck?

Google is my friend.......

Thanks guys.
The length of the gooseneck is 13". They have several models that are similar as this one I think is discontinued. Just put 13" cup holder phone mount in your amazon search and you will see all the options available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I use one that goes into the CD player slot. Cost like 4 USD on Aliexpress.
Thanks

I tried the "in-cd" option but was not convinced the mount was secure enough so I returned it to the shop (Target). It simply slipped in to the slot and there was no grip to it. Maybe I bought a poor example.

Had another look on Amazon and decided on a cup holder mount - thanks Max76 - Kuelor Car Cup Holder Phone Mount $19.99 (bargain😄)

and also purchased a "sticky" dash mount.

Loncaster Car Phone Holder, Car Phone Mount Silicone Car Pad Mat $11.04

The intention was to return one however with the likelyhood of a 2nd car looming have decided to keep both.

Having had a "stationary" try out, I think, for me at least, the dashmount is the better option. I can locate that right in front of me when driving and it does not block my vision. The cup mount meant I had to look away and, as I am new to LHD and still getting a grip on the size of the Pf, I want to keep my eyes on the road at all times. I guess only time will tell if my set up is best for me.

Thanks to all for their assistance and views.

Drive safe🙂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts