Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received my new 2014 SL Pathfinder friday and yesterday the two external mirrors refuse to tilt in reverse. I check everyting and found that i'm unable to move them with the manual mode. Also the 2 memory bouton in the driver door don't work.

I stoped today to the dealer and after 1½h of search, they have no idea of where that trouble come from.

I have ear their conversation over the phone with Nissan tech and the were talking about a BCM problem ?

I'll give you updates when the found the broken part(s).

·
Registered
30 Posts
In case you haven't tried this-- in order for mirrors to tilt in reverse, the little mirror side selection button has to be on either left or right. If it is left in the middle position, the mirrors do not tilt on revers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the selector was on left side. Like i wrote regardless the switch position i can't ajust the mirrors. In case i need to allign them, i push directy on the mirror surface (not recomanded i know !)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes the selector was on left side. Like i wrote regardless the switch position i can't ajust the mirrors. In case i need to allign them, i push directy on the mirror surface (not recomanded i know !)
I have had this same problem with the mirrors not working and the memory seat buttons not working. I figured out that in my case it was caused when I performed the following steps. I remote started the PF then when I got in, I put my foot on the brake and instead of pressing the start button I absent- mindedly tried to put the car in gear. The car shut off as it should have and the seats did not adjust to my memory position. When I pressed the start button to restart the car, the mirrors and seats were now dead. They remain inoperable until I shut the vehicle off, exit the vehicle, lock it, remote start it and get in and press the start button as I should have in the first place.

It would be interesting to see if you can duplicate this.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
interesting. keep us updated if you Nissan dealership ends up figuring it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what happen to me marz, They still did'nt found the problem. I have remotly start my path and the mirrors are now working again !

I have done the same sequence you did and the problem reappear. The only difference is i have remotely start two time in a row and push the break pedal.

They want my truck back on monday to do some test but i'm pretty sure that will be fix with a "future" firmware update.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have just received my new 2014 SL Pathfinder friday and yesterday the two external mirrors refuse to tilt in reverse. I check everyting and found that i'm unable to move them with the manual mode. Also the 2 memory bouton in the driver door don't work.

I stoped today to the dealer and after 1½h of search, they have no idea of where that trouble come from.

I have ear their conversation over the phone with Nissan tech and the were talking about a BCM problem ?

I'll give you updates when the found the broken part(s).
I had this issue, the cause was an open circuit on the BCM that control certain functions like mirrors, seat memory, etc. The BCM is not sending the ignition on signal to the ADP Control Unit. An active test will show that all circuits are working normally. Mirrors, etc will not work but testing shows control units are receiving signals. Replacing the BCM is the only thing that fixes this issue.

RD941A Combination: BCM reconfiguration
3029 WN
1 284B1--3JA1D Controller Assembly
RD94AA Repl Body Control/INVS Module
3029 WN
PL9999 Straight Time
3029 WN
FC:
Part #: 284B13JA1D
Count:
Claim Type: PP

Also, they have to reprogram your keys after this repair. Make sure the keys work and that all functions on the keys work. They used the 4 button intellikey template on mine and the ignition an rear door did not work. A quick re-reprogram to the correct 5 key template restored all functions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this issue, the cause was an open circuit on the BCM that control certain functions like mirrors, seat memory, etc. The BCM is not sending the ignition on signal to the ADP Control Unit. An active test will show that all circuits are working normally. Mirrors, etc will not work but testing shows control units are receiving signals. Replacing the BCM is the only thing that fixes this issue.

RD941A Combination: BCM reconfiguration
3029 WN
1 284B1--3JA1D Controller Assembly
RD94AA Repl Body Control/INVS Module
3029 WN
PL9999 Straight Time
3029 WN
FC:
Part #: 284B13JA1D
Count:
Claim Type: PP

Also, they have to reprogram your keys after this repair. Make sure the keys work and that all functions on the keys work. They used the 4 button intellikey template on mine and the ignition an rear door did not work. A quick re-reprogram to the correct 5 key template restored all functions.
i don know if this is related , but my mirrors work , but i try to set them up for better view when in reverse , i can't save it. i have tried step by step like the owners manual says but i can't save the position , the memory switch won't work if the car is on ACC ( engine not on ) and on reverse , it should work like the owners manual say

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you marz

I cannot believe this is the weirdest behavior ever. I bought a PathFinder 2014 2 weeks ago and decided to remote start it today.
My wife got in and did not press brake+start. the car stop immediately.
We started the car again and as described in this post the side mirrors went dead and we could not use any of the position preset.

This thread (and your post) saved me a trip to the dealership. The manual did not call out any of this weird behavior.
Starting the car remotely and then pressing brake+start did fix the problem

Thanks again

·
Registered
234 Posts
i don know if this is related , but my mirrors work , but i try to set them up for better view when in reverse , i can't save it. i have tried step by step like the owners manual says but i can't save the position , the memory switch won't work if the car is on ACC ( engine not on ) and on reverse , it should work like the owners manual say
Your car may still be in dealer mode. Open your circuit breaker panel and there is a white cap over certain breakers. I believe it's supposed to be out (someone correct me). It's pushed in when in the dealership and it keeps certain functions from running when sitting around the dealership. Mirror memory, seat memory, radio station presets, etc. Just a thought...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Being the first Nissan vehicle to come with an optional remote engine start feature I had an inkling that something like this might happen. When the RES is activated it supplies partial power to some of the body controlled items but no power to other items. If there is an error in the position readings, or last saved position of either the drivers seat, steering wheel (tilt and telescope) or the outside mirrors the Automatic Drive Positioner system will not function for that drive cycle, in theory. Typically when this happens there is full functionality of the of the seat, steering wheel, or outside mirrors when a position error is stored but the automation is inoperative. Now that power is being supplied at a time that did not used to exist it is possible the body controller is becoming confused and halting all ADP functions.

As for the complaints of the system never recovering from a fault I am suspicious. But if it is any consolation the ADP system should record any position fault that has occurred, making repair highly likely. :)

I have a simple test to run for those who have RES and mirror faults.

1- Use RES to Start the engine, allow it to run for a moment (let's say at least 10 seconds)
2- Use RES to Stop the engine, allow it to power down (~30 seconds)
3- Get in and Start the vehicle using the brake pedal and start button.

Inspect ADP operation. This should reset the vehicles memory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had this same problem with the mirrors not working and the memory seat buttons not working. I figured out that in my case it was caused when I performed the following steps. I remote started the PF then when I got in, I put my foot on the brake and instead of pressing the start button I absent- mindedly tried to put the car in gear. The car shut off as it should have and the seats did not adjust to my memory position. When I pressed the start button to restart the car, the mirrors and seats were now dead. They remain inoperable until I shut the vehicle off, exit the vehicle, lock it, remote start it and get in and press the start button as I should have in the first place.

I asked about this on another thread and someone steered me to your post. Thanks for this tip--saved me a 30 mile roundtrip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Seeing how helpful this thread is, it should be a sticky, along with many others. Better yet a 2013 and up Nissan Pathfinder sticky mega thread would be nice to have for all the fixes that work

·
Registered
123 Posts
I cannot believe this is the weirdest behavior ever. I bought a PathFinder 2014 2 weeks ago and decided to remote start it today.
My wife got in and did not press brake+start. the car stop immediately.
We started the car again and as described in this post the side mirrors went dead and we could not use any of the position preset.

This thread (and your post) saved me a trip to the dealership. The manual did not call out any of this weird behavior.
Starting the car remotely and then pressing brake+start did fix the problem

Thanks again
Just a remote start alone will not turn on all functionality. It will turn itself off unless brake+start is pushed within 10 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2013 Platinum Pathfinder bought new but never tried the outside mirrors in reverse. So, thought I'd try. Left mirror works perfectly and angles down to a good position. The right mirror only moves a little. I went through the step-by-step several times. The right mirror only goes down a little regardless of where I "set" it. So, I tried setting the left mirror to a different position, set it, started car, put in reverse, and it went to the set position. I reset to the previous position down and tried again. It worked perfectly. The right mirror is not setting to the desired position. Guess it goes to the service department before my warranty runs out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

You just saved me $$$! Thank you. Exactly as you stated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts