Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else had this problem..did a search and didn't see any other posts about it.

Turned my car on today and all of a sudden the seat didn't adjust, and the mirrors didn't tilt down in reverse. The mirrors can't even be adjusted, and the seat memory button seems dead. Called dealer and bringing it in tomorrow. First problem I've had in 6500 miles. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come with this car....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It worked. Gotta love this forum....saved me a 30 mile round trip trip to the dealer! I copied the instructions form the other post in case anyone else needs them.

I have had this same problem with the mirrors not working and the memory seat buttons not working. I figured out that in my case it was caused when I performed the following steps. I remote started the PF then when I got in, I put my foot on the brake and instead of pressing the start button I absent- mindedly tried to put the car in gear. The car shut off as it should have and the seats did not adjust to my memory position. When I pressed the start button to restart the car, the mirrors and seats were now dead. They remain inoperable until I shut the vehicle off, exit the vehicle, lock it, remote start it and get in and press the start button as I should have in the first place.

It would be interesting to see if you can duplicate this.

Reactions: JGONZ9114

·
Registered
175 Posts
Strange problem and solution but at least it is an easy fix. Bet that you weren't expecting it to be that easy.

I wonder if Nissan gets people coming in with this problem often. They should put these instructions to fix the problem on an FAQ/Trouble shooting part of their website or something. Could save people a lot of time/money/frustration.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Strange problem and solution but at least it is an easy fix. Bet that you weren't expecting it to be that easy.

I wonder if Nissan gets people coming in with this problem often. They should put these instructions to fix the problem on an FAQ/Trouble shooting part of their website or something. Could save people a lot of time/money/frustration.
Yeah that would go a long way but how many people will think to check the website, some just go right into the dealer. If anything they should notify customers of where to find this info via email, text, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that would go a long way but how many people will think to check the website, some just go right into the dealer. If anything they should notify customers of where to find this info via email, text, etc.
I have found these forums much more helpful than anything from Nissan. Even with my last car (09 Murano) I learned more tips/tricks on that forum site than anywhere else!

Reactions: cwa107

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have found these forums much more helpful than anything from Nissan. Even with my last car (09 Murano) I learned more tips/tricks on that forum site than anywhere else!
Yup, forums provide a wealth of information that can't be easily attained anywhere else. Some people at dealerships know nothing or just know enough but hate their job and don't want to do anything they don't have to. I've been on both sides of a dealership, the customer and the guy serving the customer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts