Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the rapid beeping is notifies the driver when the door is closed with the key fob left inside...perhaps if you're trying to lock the vehicle with the key fob still inside.

Currently, the vehicle makes the rapid beeping sound everytime the driver's door is closed with the key fob inside (i.e. every time you drive it). Same thing for both key fobs and replaced batteries in both. Anyone know what's causing this/how I can get it to stop?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,788 Posts
Are you saying this is happening every time you enter the vehicle, starts beeping as soon as you close the door and until you start the engine?
It should only sound when you turn off the engine, open the driver's door and then close it with the key fob inside.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying this is happening every time you enter the vehicle, starts beeping as soon as you close the door and until you start the engine?
It should only sound when you turn off the engine, open the driver's door and then close it with the key fob inside.
That's correct, every time I get in the car to drive somewhere (key fob in my pocket or cup holder), once I close the door it sounds the warning. It continues sounding even if I try to start the engine quickly to down out the annoying noise.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any warning messages on the dash like it might think a door is open, or trunk?
No warning messages are displayed. Maybe there's a sensor indicating whether a driver is in the seat or not that has stopped working?

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really at a loss for how to correct this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer not to bring it to the dealership for something like this.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think we would have to hear the sound to help with this.
I would need to record and upload an audio clip, since I can't find one online. It's the warning chime that sounds when exiting the vehicle, closing the door with the intelligent key fob left inside the cabin (as mentioned by jman). Starting once the drivers door is closed, it's a fast paced beeping that lasts about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reviving this topic. This is the sound it makes when the driver's door is closed with the key fob inside... every time. Engine is not on. Key fob could be in cup holder, driver's pocket, etc. Anytime you want to go drive the car somewhere, the alert goes off.Pathfinder Alert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great! I had included this clip in a previous reply: Pathfinder Alert
I am having this EXACT problem with my wife's 2019 Pathfinder after getting it back from the auto body shop. She was in a "fender bender" 3 weeks ago (entire driver side bumper destroyed) . Have to call the shop to have them correct, was hoping I could find a quick fix on these threads...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having this EXACT problem with my wife's 2019 Pathfinder after getting it back from the auto body shop. She was in a "fender bender" 3 weeks ago (entire driver side bumper destroyed) . Have to call the shop to have them correct, was hoping I could find a quick fix on these threads...
This never happened prior to repairs and is extremely annoying.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This never happened prior to repairs and is extremely annoying.
Interesting. Ours doesn't seem to be related to any front end damage/repair. Just started happening out of nowhere maybe like 2-3 months ago. Been going on for too long considering how annoying it is. I'm taking it in to the dealer early next week. I'll report back with the findings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting. Ours doesn't seem to be related to any front end damage/repair. Just started happening out of nowhere maybe like 2-3 months ago. Been going on for too long considering how annoying it is. I'm taking it in to the dealer early next week. I'll report back with the findings.
There may actually be a fuse dedicated to the driver door itself that is blown because now I'm finding out the door itself is not even locking unless manually from inside. This is my wife's car, got it back Friday but today is the first time I'VE driven it.... 🤔. "babe, your car hasn't been locking all week and why didn't you tell me about that horrible beeping sound?"

She responds "oh yeah, and a few times the alarm even went off". 🤦🤦🤦

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There may actually be a fuse dedicated to the driver door itself that is blown because now I'm finding out the door itself is not even locking unless manually from inside. This is my wife's car, got it back Friday but today is the first time I'VE driven it.... 🤔. "babe, your car hasn't been locking all week and why didn't you tell me about that horrible beeping sound?"

She responds "oh yeah, and a few times the alarm even went off". 🤦🤦🤦
Lol. My wife's car as well. She hasn't been bugging me about it, so I figured it must not bother her that much 🤷‍♂️ Hoping whatever the cause is relatively simple. I hypothesized that it could be related to a sensor or some type of communication error involving the key fob, but who knows. I'll see what they say

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can you tell where the actual beeping is coming from? There aren't a lot of parts that beep, so maybe the location might explain it. There is a lift gate warning alarm behind the rear bumper that fails a lot when it gets wet, but it is usually just a constant beep.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts