Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody find any kits for the 13's yet? Was thinking about doing this once i get my 20's on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anybody find any kits for the 13's yet? Was thinking about doing this once i get my 20's on.
No, just no, please no. Get a Tahoe if your trying to slam it. You'll get lots of looks, the kind of complete hilarity when they see your kid carrier dropped trying to look like some sporty SUV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, dont like wheel gap. That being said not sure if i will do it but like to have options.

·
Registered
71 Posts
These things have about 6" of ground clearance. Did you consider having less? Mine already plows snow like crazy, I've nearly high centered it. If snow is a consideration...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, no snow here in Miami to worry about.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Haven't seen any lowering springs. I'd also be worried about ground clearance. You could always look in to custom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. If you don't like wheel gap just slap on the 20's. Platinum comes with 20's already as long as you don't stray into offsets.
2. Even if you find springs, you might screw up the camber and toe. I don't know if they come with adjustable camber but I sure don't want to find out. Plus I doubt there are any aftermarket cambers anyway.
3. Like PowerDDanger said, get a Tahoe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks for the advice but i got it taken care of. No need for tahoe thats had the same body style since 07. I ll be adding 20's with aggressive offset. This vehicle badly needs it!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think with the pathfinder suspension you would experience camber and toe in when you lower the car. the toe should be able to be adjusted but the camber might not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's your truck, you paid for it, paint the bugger pink if ya want. I want to see!

Reactions: Aidsyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post...maybe not a good into. I want to set my new 2013 Platinum (bought yesterday) on a set of lower springs. It will look better, in my opinion. It's not "slamming" it. Slamming is air bags, and tucked wheels. Lowering is awesome, especially when all you do is loose that uneven wheel gap. I'm disappointed at the quick "no....just no...." response.

Come on now...just because you like the grocery getter look...doesnt mean we all do.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My first post...maybe not a good into. I want to set my new 2013 Platinum (bought yesterday) on a set of lower springs. It will look better, in my opinion. It's not "slamming" it. Slamming is air bags, and tucked wheels. Lowering is awesome, especially when all you do is loose that uneven wheel gap. I'm disappointed at the quick "no....just no...." response.

Come on now...just because you like the grocery getter look...doesnt mean we all do.
just because you like the boy racer, look at me I lowered my suv look doesn't mean we all do :laughing:

·
Registered
158 Posts

I'm with u man, this truck really needs some lowering springs, I can't believe its 3yrs and H&R or eibach haven't made any lowering springs...smh

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm with u man, this truck really needs some lowering springs, I can't believe its 3yrs and H&R or eibach haven't made any lowering springs...smh

I think Eibach or H&R didn't feel the need to spend money to develop them because they knew the demand would be low since the majority of folks getting the R52's are using the car as practical family haulers.

But that's just my guess...

I will say that most cars look better with lowering springs but IMO there's a disconnect here in terms of getting lowering springs and a family hauler of this kind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, just no, please no. Get a Tahoe if your trying to slam it. You'll get lots of looks, the kind of complete hilarity when they see your kid carrier dropped trying to look like some sporty SUV.
I just ordered a custom made 2” front and 1-1/2” rear for
My 2015 will Keep you updated. Should be made in 6-8 weeks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts