Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with the lower black molding on the sides? Mine appears to be loose and held only in place via 2-sided tape. Anyways I'm taking it in later this week for service so will have it checked out. Also going to have them look at the hood for the 2nd time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i had mine replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, it's just a bad design and I don't see it ever being a really secure fit. One one gripe on the vehicle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had mine replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, it's just a bad design and I don't see it ever being a really secure fit. One one gripe on the vehicle.
Yeah the dealer said they were fine and that's how they were designed. I looked at the others on the lot and they were all the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Besides the two sided tape there are about six clips along the molding and a slim chance of it ever falling off. It'll shake a little though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I noticed this as well while waxing it and it seemed a little loose but I've noticed trims on other vehicles that "seem" insecure. We will be keeping a watch on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my 13 PF SV, this past Saturday. I noticed after a few times shutting the doors, there was a bad "rattle". It sounded like an old, loose car door closing. Low and behold, I found the black, lower molding, very loose and "sloppy". It was so loose, you could see a good sized gaps between the moldings and each door. It would slap against the metal door when closing. Very embarrassing. I immediatly returned my vehicle to the dealer service center. Fortunatly, the area service manager was at the dealer and allowed me to show him the moldings....He was "shocked" and stated that he has yet to see any PF with this issue....He had the service advisor to order all new molding for both sides of my PF. The dealership suppose to call me when the new moldings arrive. This will be interesting, for I saw the double sided tape when inspecting the molding.

I hope this is not another budding relationship with the dealership. I experienced this relationship once before with my 2006 350Z and oil consumption. Nightmare..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If its held on my double sided tape you can just fix it yourself with some 3M automotive mounting tape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up my 13 PF SV, this past Saturday. I noticed after a few times shutting the doors, there was a bad "rattle". It sounded like an old, loose car door closing. Low and behold, I found the black, lower molding, very loose and "sloppy". It was so loose, you could see a good sized gaps between the moldings and each door. It would slap against the metal door when closing. Very embarrassing. I immediatly returned my vehicle to the dealer service center. Fortunatly, the area service manager was at the dealer and allowed me to show him the moldings....He was "shocked" and stated that he has yet to see any PF with this issue....He had the service advisor to order all new molding for both sides of my PF. The dealership suppose to call me when the new moldings arrive. This will be interesting, for I saw the double sided tape when inspecting the molding.

I hope this is not another budding relationship with the dealership. I experienced this relationship once before with my 2006 350Z and oil consumption. Nightmare..
Anymore news on this LS?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If its held on my double sided tape you can just fix it yourself with some 3M automotive mounting tape.
the black double sided tape by 3M works very well, might be a good option for this use. I think it's weather proof too, seeing how it will be easily exposed to the elements and of course when you wash it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anymore news on this LS?
Big Cgaijin:,,I am sorry for the delay in response. For some reason, I didn't see your post. The dealership replaced all four lower moldings, and included extra double sided tape along with the new existing clips. So far, all moldings are holding up great. No rattle, they are tight and snug against the vehicle. The doors sound solid when closing. The repair is going on 6 months, so far so good. I hope this helps..

·
Registered
440 Posts
The dealership replaced all four lower moldings, and included extra double sided tape along with the new existing clips.
I noticed when I paid for a 1-day membership to view the service bulletins on nissan-techinfo.com that there is a "squeaks, noises, and rattles" TSB for nearly every model that helps isolate where noises are coming from. However the steps to correct nearly always involve strategically placing foam tape somewhere to reduce the noise.

I think the 2013 Altima was the worst offender, but I'm sure a lot of the same fit and finish designs were used in the 2013 Pathfinder, so there are probably many similar issues that can be corrected the same way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed the piece of trim under the front passenger seat sticking out after a little road trip. The front clip popped out from the body and as i tried to put it back and the clip broke. Im not very happy about it. I thought about taking it back to the dealer seeing as it only has 1500 miles and see if they'll replace it under warranty. I just don't know if they'll question it. Im gonna leave out the little part about me messing with it and just say thats the way I found it. I know its not the most honest way to go about it but on a brand new near 40k vehicle I don't think these pieces should be popping off with just routine driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts