Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm a new and first time owner of a 2017 ST Pathfinder, i have noticed an uncomfortable low sound and vibration coming from the vehicle. I can feel it just through the accelerator, it is more prominent when i accelerate. I test drove a 2016 Ti model for a couple of days before buying this one and did not notice it on that model. It doesn't change when i change the drive mode. Unfortunately i purchased this one online out of my home town, so i didn't get to notice it first. Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

There have been some cases of bad transfer cases, located around that area.
Does the noise change when you turn the Overdrive on/off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i haven't tired that yet, only had it 2 days so will try in the weekend, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
If your model is like the US model, the front right axle shaft is connected through the transfer case. These hold a very tiny amount of gear oil so any loss of oil from them and they're toast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, i'm a new and first time owner of a 2017 ST Pathfinder, i have noticed an uncomfortable low sound and vibration coming from the vehicle. I can feel it just through the accelerator, it is more prominent when i accelerate. I test drove a 2016 Ti model for a couple of days before buying this one and did not notice it on that model. It doesn't change when i change the drive mode. Unfortunately i purchased this one online out of my home town, so i didn't get to notice it first. Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
It may not be a model problem, could be wheel bearing, low oil in front/rear diffs, radiator fan/fan clutch bearing, or worse the crankshaft. I had similar sound for nearly 2 yrs after driving on open road for 2hrs, I had a 2nd hand ‘01 model and I’m not sure why it went away (could have been when I changed the timing belt) Annoying isn’t it *¥+^£€^!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts