Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
please see this video:

I have exactly the same thing in my Pathfinder 2019 SL 4wd.
It's less than 40k miles.
Driving at low RPM with 40-80 Km/h, you feel and hear the same thing in the video above.
Nissan dealer's response after checking the car was that it's normal and can be found in other Nissan cars like Maxima and there is nothing to repair!!!

Any help?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'd bring them for a ride to show them what yours is doing or go somewhere else. It sounds like there might be body shield loose underneath, or something like the tire jack in the back?

Unless it's cvt drone, which is real.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think this is going to be a case of cvt drone then. It just has a frequency that resonates a lot of stuff. If you can track down the area making the most sound, and try adding some mass to it, it might help. That's pretty extreme though.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
It sounds/feels like a rumble, the type of noise a chain would make when pulled over a round surface (basically what the CVT is)...

I listened to the sound in the video again and mine is not that bad.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,698 Posts
Could you please help me what is OD and how to turn it off? 😅
Assuming your 2019 pathfinder is like mine, there is a button on the side of the floor shifter. Pressing it turns overdrive off. You will get an "OD off" message on the dash. This just holds you in a lower "gear" ratio and brings your engine RPMs up, which likely will make the sounds stop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for your answers

A mechanic said it could be the engine mounts
And that i have to replace them
Could that be right?
Assuming your 2019 pathfinder is like mine, there is a button on the side of the floor shifter. Pressing it turns overdrive off. You will get an "OD off" message on the dash. This just holds you in a lower "gear" ratio and brings your engine RPMs up, which likely will make the sounds stop.
Yes. There is a button and it gives the same result, bringing the rpm up, But it shows 'sport' on the dash not 'OD'

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my pathfinder 2018 checked by 3 different mechanics and they told me that the sound it's pretty normal. It's a gas saving thing. Because it doesn't have eco mode ..

It's because CVT works in a different way than the AT.

So just learn how to press the gas pedal to avoid it. Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I experience the same in my 2019 PF SL. It's really frustrating and takes the driving pleasure away. After paying a hefty amount for the car hire can the service centre say it's normal when it is nowhere close to normal?

I was looking to take my car to the service centre, however I understand they'll charge me $175 just for checking my car. Presumably, they are going to say that "it's normal". I'm just in two minds whether to go ahead with having my car checked at service centre.

Can anyone advise me on the same or is there any other solution to improve my driving experience, other than putting it in sports mode?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts