Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year I had the loss of acceleration issue- Nissan replaced the brake switch and no further issues..... until recently. Again, last week the random loss of power when hitting gas petal is back. Took to Nissan and was told the tech could not duplicate and they would not replace break switch. I was old to “bring it back if it happens again”. I did, and again tech did not experience problem.

I am at my wits end and do not feel safe driving a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder with just 30k miles.

any ideas on what to do next?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
819 Posts
That's a tough one if there's no stored codes and the techs at the Nissan dealership can't duplicate the concern.

Do you know if they've checked the bulb sockets for the tail lamps? If any of those are corroded and shorting, the vehicle can think the brake and gas are being pressed at the same time and the vehicle will take throttle away from you as a safety/vehicle protection measure.

Any breaks in the wiring that runs through the door flex for the rear hatch could be a cause as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There was a TSB regarding the stop lamp switch on 2015 4WD Pathfinders. The issue was with the Switch but also the Relay. If it was a 2015, They should have replaced the Stop lamp switch and deleted the stop lamp switch relay. If you have the Invoice, there should be a part for the Stop lamp switch, A jumper harness and a sub harness on there. If those were not replaced, the issue is likely going to happen again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had the same problem on my 2013. I thought it was transmission(it was just rebuild 10K ago). Later dealer drove test it and realize it was NTB21-003 issue. Fix it and hopefully it won't return again. NTB21-003 is voluntary recall? I can't understand it. When the relay fail, it affect the transmission, thus you lost power completely. I have several incident where I accelerate from stop and at the middle of intersection, I lost power and stock at the intersection. I'm lucky that I was not at the rail road crossing! My dealer was great finding the problem. But, I am really scare of keeping this car.
BTW, when the relay failed, you can actually start the engine without your foot pressing down on the break! That is a big safety concern to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, I'm in southern ca. Never go through car wash. Always wash myself at home. Not sure why u ask that??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Because people commonly go through the carwash and don't switch the hvac unit to recirculation and water gets in the car. It makes it's way down to the brake switch and in cold climates freezes, but also will just corrode even f you aren't in a cold area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, that is good to know. Thanks. Perhaps that a design issue too? Why wouldn't they try to protect the relay switch better. PF is not a cheap SUV.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You really should do it on all cars to shut the door on the intake so that water can't get in. It just happens to run down the brake switch on some cars. It might run down worse places on other cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts