Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Driving in the city no problem at all, but when I am on the highway and I try to pass someone I push the gas to the floor to get the power and after 3000rpm the engine feels like is not receiving enough gas or air. When I am parked and I push the gas to the floor slowly the engine goes to high RPM no problem. I have already clean the injectors and the intake manifold. I am also receiving the P1140 code! Could you help me?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It is nice for newbies to say hi and post a brief introduction before just posting about an issue.

That code is related to your timing solenoid and that would explain why you are having that issue. The timing on your engine is not changing as the rpms increase.

P1140 code possible causes
  • Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor
  • Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello to everyone! Thank you for accept my post! I am from Mexico City and I have had my Pathfinder since 2012, I love it! She is 2001 and I got it with 80000milles, no problems at all for up to now!
how can I fix my self this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts