Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy in march, i heard thats nissans end of fiscal year and will have some good rebates.

our top 3 in no order are the

Pathfinder
Explorer
Pilot

We like the space of the pilot but it also feels boxy and outdated. plus its getting completely resdesigned in 2014

the explorer is good and i love the sync and touch screen but they arent very cheap

we LOVE the pathfinder but heres my complaint. we really want navigation and leather and you have to go to the platinum package for nav. why wouldnt they offer a Nav upgrade to the SL? i dont get it. what do yall think of an aftermarket Nav? would it look ghetto or flush?

also what do you think i could get a platinum for? im hoping to stay closer to 35 if i can. thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have no idea about the reasoning behind the Pathfinder's packaging. I have had nav in my last 3 leases and never thought I would get another vehicle without it. After deciding on the Pathfinder, I could not justify going to the platinum just for nav. I have used my cell phone nav in so many rental cars recently that I actually preferred it to the factory nav in my 2010 Nissan. I decided the SL with premium was all I needed. I purchased a 30.00 car dock for my cell phone which automatically launches the nav app when I slip my phone in.
Hope that helps, good luck in getting your new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
The Pilot is a bit of a gas hog - if you're at all concerned about that, I would avoid it. It's certainly got more space than the PF, but it tends to be a lot more truck-like (ride and handling-wise). I'm very glad to be out of my 2010 and into the new PF.

I'm not really all that jazzed about factory-installed Nav - not when standalone units work so well and are a fraction of the price (and can easily be transported from vehicle-to-vehicle). And of course, if it breaks, or needs to be updated, you're looking at $100 or less... not so with built-in nav.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own 2013 Path SL and i am trying to find out if i can install Intraphex navigation systme in my car. I am waiting for an answer from them if they have available ones for my pathfinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might be a dealbreaker for us. we prefer the pathfinder but might go with the explorer because i can get a 8 inch touchscreen with sync for about what id pay for a SL.

if all i want is the Nav i dont see paying 5k extra just to go to platinum because we dont care about the moonroof, dvd players, etc

i cant believe they did that

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
good luck with the explorer. I don't know much about explorers but from what Ive always read they aren't the most reliable of cars. It does suck that you can't get navi without going plat but an aftermarket navigation is way better than the OEM one.

Especially with the price of the explorer. It's one expensive Ford.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts