Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need some help on this. I own a 2019 SL without a tow hitch and I want to install one but keeping it with a factory look.
I’ve google and there are a lot of different options. Do I just need the hitch , the 7pin connector plug and the finisher? Am I missing something else? And also would this be a plug and play or it needs to be programmed? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
I guess you didn't look in your own back yard, lol. This forum's search function is your friend, my friend. If you had typed "installing hitch" in the Search Community box above, this is one of the results you would have received:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link , but all I read is people going aftermarket instead of OEM.
I guess you didn't look in your own back yard, lol. This forum's search function is your friend, my friend. If you had typed "installing hitch" in the Search Community box above, this is one of the results you would have received:

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
Thanks for the link , but all I read is people going aftermarket instead of OEM.
You're killing me!! The suggestion was to use Search if you don't find what you're looking for. <sigh> Check post # 21 of this thread for the Nissan installation instructions.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I did an DIY OME hitch in my 2017 SV. Pretty simple but took 2 people due to weight. I got good pricing for the hitch and relay on Amazon and the finisher on eBay. All 3 were Nissan OEM parts. However, the SL has the foot sensor that opens the rear hatch. I've read both that you cannot add a hitch and that you can add a hitch as long as you are very very careful not to cut the sensor wire. All that is in this forum so you should be able to find them with the search function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Installation was very easy straight forward , purchased everything OEM.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Glad you got it done. These forums are so helpful.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm going through the same now for my 2017 S. Can you provide links to what you had purchased for your install?
Search this forum. I posted the Nissan part numbers for the hitch, wire harness and plastic finisher I used for my 2017 SV. I purchased the hitch and harness on Amazon and the finisher on eBay. I think I got all 3 shipped for less than $400US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Search this forum. I posted the Nissan part numbers for the hitch, wire harness and plastic finisher I used for my 2017 SV. I purchased the hitch and harness on Amazon and the finisher on eBay. I think I got all 3 shipped for less than $400US.
Thank you very much, will take a look and follow up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts