Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I've been an owner for about a year now and have had an issue with the TPMS system with tire placement and readings since bought. After a long search I understand there is a pgitail connector located on the OBD harness that is grounded to relearn the TPMS modules. After some bundle searching I found a connector taped up to the harness but not a pigtail connector. I would assume that the connector is a factory maintenance connector (assuming) but in hopes this is the same connector for TPMS system.

Below is the connector I found. Any help is appreciated. If its not the relearn connector, any info on doing a reset to the TPMS relearn would be of great help.

Appreciate any feedback.

20210514_070904.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

This topic has been discussed many times but I don't think anyone has ever confirmed ever doing it this way.
Read this. There are some pics that might help you find it and if you do, please take some pics and share them.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
955 Posts
As far as I know, there hasn't been a "ground these two terminals" option for TPMS in many years. It's all tied into the BCM and TPMS modules now. You need a programmer to do any/all work on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know, there hasn't been a "ground these two terminals" option for TPMS in many years. It's all tied into the BCM and TPMS modules now. You need a programmer to do any/all work on them.
Kind of already figured that was the course. Had seen a few video with 2013+ on the headline for resetting/relearning TPMS. Appreciate the feedback. Will look into some newer ODB II to see what is available. A family member works for Costco and he used a Autel TPMS tool years ago on a different vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts