Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First post here. Just wanted to know if there's any in dash navigation that you guys might know that's coming out soon for the new pathfinder. I'm also looking to install a back up camera.

I looked at Crutchfield, but the brands they were selling, i'm not really familiar of. Just wanted to know if anyone has already installed a in dash navi and how it is set up in your pathfinder.

Thanks..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys,

First post here. Just wanted to know if there's any in dash navigation that you guys might know that's coming out soon for the new pathfinder. I'm also looking to install a back up camera.

I looked at Crutchfield, but the brands they were selling, i'm not really familiar of. Just wanted to know if anyone has already installed a in dash navi and how it is set up in your pathfinder.

Thanks..
Take a look at this site. Kinda pricey but this is what I'm thinking about getting as I have an SL and navigation isn't available unless you bought the Premium edition.
NAV-TV Corporation: NTX-Nissan/Infiniti Garmin Navigation kit with Touchscreen

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You could always try to get a double din and have an audio shop fit it in. Get one that plays DVDs and has navigation and an option for backup camera input. I'm partial to Pioneer decks.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Clarion has a lot of really nice double din, DVD & GPS units. Might be best if you buy one of those locally at a Best Buy or any good audio/video shop and hopefully there's a dash kit available.

BTW does anyone know if there is a double/single din dash kit available for our 2013+ pathfinders?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That actually looks good yet pricey. It actually looks like it's the one that's comes from factory. Hopefully this is the one that the dealer mentioned when the navigation doesn't come out for the pathfinder after 3 months. But i'm not sure if this will be compatible with my in dash since I don't have the touch screen. Pretty sure mine is not since it doesn't have a navigation.

Kinda don't want to get a double din navigation, I guess I gotta see it if it sits flush with the deck. Hopefully some people already installed after market navigation in here. If so, hope they took pics!

·
Registered
75 Posts
To everyone looking for a dbl din receiver for their 2013 Pathfinders. I honesn't don't foresee this happening. Being about audio and video, I've already taken my dash apart on my SL w/ standard screen (not touch). First there is no room up top without having to cut up the dash I believe. I removed the entire front panel including the screen and directly behind the screen is a wall. The screen is only about 3/4" thick; if that. Also when you remove the front panel with all the buttons for the radio and heater controls you'll see that there is a circuit board attached to this panel. The buttons aren't attached to the radio itself but rather this all in one circuit board. That's why I don't think we will ever be able to replace our radio's entirely and still retain the functions we have. As for the Navi interface link i've been posting ... I think most of the cost is because they include a replacement screen which is touch, and your orginal (non touch) gets sent back to them. Kinda like a core charge when you purchase parts from the auto parts store. I have pictures of my dash all apart which is will post shortly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To everyone looking for a dbl din receiver for their 2013 Pathfinders. I honesn't don't foresee this happening. Being about audio and video, I've already taken my dash apart on my SL w/ standard screen (not touch). First there is no room up top without having to cut up the dash I believe. I removed the entire front panel including the screen and directly behind the screen is a wall. The screen is only about 3/4" thick; if that. Also when you remove the front panel with all the buttons for the radio and heater controls you'll see that there is a circuit board attached to this panel. The buttons aren't attached to the radio itself but rather this all in one circuit board. That's why I don't think we will ever be able to replace our radio's entirely and still retain the functions we have. As for the Navi interface link i've been posting ... I think most of the cost is because they include a replacement screen which is touch, and your orginal (non touch) gets sent back to them. Kinda like a core charge when you purchase parts from the auto parts store. I have pictures of my dash all apart which is will post shortly.
very true, looking at the center console there's no way for a plug and play setup. it will require cutting up the console bezel or hoping someone makes a new bezel that allows us to add a single or double din below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance to get a new thread on "How To..." dismantle the center console/dash to get to radio/LCD?

I bought a TV/Nav2Go for my 2008 Path and was told it would work in my 13 Path just fine. Been searching for instructions without any luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any chance to get a new thread on "How To..." dismantle the center console/dash to get to radio/LCD?

I bought a TV/Nav2Go for my 2008 Path and was told it would work in my 13 Path just fine. Been searching for instructions without any luck.
If one hasn't been posted already (not sure haven't looked for one) I will post one tonight after work. But there is a video on youtube (honestly I think its by the makers of your kit (TV/Nav2Go) and they show your the teardown of a 2013 Pathfinder and video interface kit install (where to plug your wires into). I can't post the link here at work because my job has it youtube blocked but search 2013 Pathfinder video interface or how to ... suffin along those line.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In many cases with new cars. Fitting a navigation dash for a non equipped model ends up costing so much that you should have just went with the factory navigation option in the first place = not really worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In many cases with new cars. Fitting a navigation dash for a non equipped model ends up costing so much that you should have just went with the factory navigation option in the first place = not really worth it.
Not necessarily true. I research this stuff extensively every single day. Not its not my day job but its my passion that I've been doing for years I know there are different avenues. A customized system could infact cost you more than a factory system but paying the marked up stealership prices that seem to be cheaper because your paying it within your payments is ridiculous. The kit i've found for this truck is about $1800. Sure its an upfront cost but I believe its about $1200 cheaper than the factory system and includes more features and a better mapping system then what most factory systems offer. Besides if you look at the long term cost of factory over aftermarket. Most aftermarket systems include FREE Lifetime map updates with Live Traffic. Factory systems don't, never have and never will. I've own a Honda and a BMW with factory navigation. In both vehicles the maps were outta date by more than a yr. And to upgrade would cost me $130-$180 per yr added to the 5yr cost of the $3k dollar factory nav system. So with that being said if I want a new vehicle and I want navigation I will look for interface kits before I decide to purchace the factory system that will cost me a lot more than aftermarket over the years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If one hasn't been posted already (not sure haven't looked for one) I will post one tonight after work. But there is a video on youtube (honestly I think its by the makers of your kit (TV/Nav2Go) and they show your the teardown of a 2013 Pathfinder and video interface kit install (where to plug your wires into). I can't post the link here at work because my job has it youtube blocked but search 2013 Pathfinder video interface or how to ... suffin along those line.
Thank you! And what a scary video! I need to find a padded pry bar of some sort, dont want to scuff up anything!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, my plan for adding navigation is a little different. As i mentioned before, i purchased a TV&Nav2Go ($200ish plus install?) unit for my 2008 Pathfinder. It worked perfectly with a Portable Media Player ($50ish?) to play videos (9/10 times they were Baby Einstein or Mickey Club house for my child) on the front screen. So, my thought now would be to get an iPhone to Composite cable and get a Jailbreak Tweak to enable mirror video function on my iPhone 4S. Then I would be able mirror my Navigon or Google Map App on my Pathfinder screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So here's what I've tried for a navigation solution in my 2013 Pathfinder SL using an iPhone:

-Power inverter w/ a USB hub

-Apple TV

-USB powered HDMI-composite converter (to plug the Apple TV into the PF composite ports: Amazon.com : ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs : Electronics

-Kanex MySpot (for WiFi network): Kanex mySpot - Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi access Point

Using Airplay, I'm able to connect to the Apple TV with my iPhone and display maps (also works great for wireless audio streaming from my iPhone since the Sl doesn't have bluetooth audio streaming).

Works okay, except:

- Need some sort of bypass for the parking brake/motion issue for the Aux input. Since I'm just using it for Nav, I'm hoping I can find someone to do it.

- The screen resolution in the SL isn't that great, especially since I'm converting from HDMI to composite. Has anyone heard of a screen upgrade that I could put in the SL? If so, and I can work out the two issues, I think my solution is a relatively cheaper solution then a 2k+ after market nav.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So here's what I've tried for a navigation solution in my 2013 Pathfinder SL using an iPhone:

-Power inverter w/ a USB hub

-Apple TV

-USB powered HDMI-composite converter (to plug the Apple TV into the PF composite ports: Amazon.com : ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs : Electronics

-Kanex MySpot (for WiFi network): Kanex mySpot - Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi access Point

Using Airplay, I'm able to connect to the Apple TV with my iPhone and display maps (also works great for wireless audio streaming from my iPhone since the Sl doesn't have bluetooth audio streaming).

Works okay, except:

- Need some sort of bypass for the parking brake/motion issue for the Aux input. Since I'm just using it for Nav, I'm hoping I can find someone to do it.

- The screen resolution in the SL isn't that great, especially since I'm converting from HDMI to composite. Has anyone heard of a screen upgrade that I could put in the SL? If so, and I can work out the two issues, I think my solution is a relatively cheaper solution then a 2k+ after market nav.
I haven't heard of or seen any screen upgrades for any vehicle really haha. Problem is anything you find isn't going to have the same connectors as OEM. Unless someone can create an adaptor/interface to hook into it I think we'll be stuck with shoty picture quality (afterall their intentions work well for what they designed it for ... lets face it who is really going to sit idle with the parking brake on watching a 2hr movie? I sure as **** am not. lol)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nissan Pathfinder 2013 NAVIKS Navigation Video Interface install. - YouTube

·
Registered
47 Posts
Factory HU do suck.

Only If Nissan keep a double din setup. It would be great for aftermarket HU with GPS. I installed the Pioneer Appradio 2 HU in my Prius. It basically mirrors my Android phone (HTC 3d Evo , Nexus 4) to a T. Anything that your phone display, GPS, music, Video it all works. It also touch enabled thru Bluetooth. Unit and cable was less then $400

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys,

just got the 2014 pathfinder S. just want to know if there is a unit that i can connect my iPhone but still able to use the steering wheel controls and also has a bluetooth?

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys,

just got the 2014 pathfinder S. just want to know if there is a unit that i can connect my iPhone but still able to use the steering wheel controls and also has a bluetooth?
I'm not familiar with all model ammitites(sp) but mine is an SL and it has a USB port in the lower center console. I'll look around when I get home at some websites and post what I find but I'm sure there should be one there. If so just use your power cable that you use to charge your phone or if you want quality then you could purchase a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not familiar with all model ammitites(sp) but mine is an SL and it has a USB port in the lower center console. I'll look around when I get home at some websites and post what I find but I'm sure there should be one there. If so just use your power cable that you use to charge your phone or if you want quality then you could purchase a new one.
The Pathfinder S is the lowest trim so it doesn't have a usb port on the lower centre console and it also doesnt have bluetooth so im trying to look for a unit that have those. been looking at some sites too but no luck. i was hoping that a double din receiver would work but ive read some posts here that it would not work cuz it wouldn't fit. anyway, il wait for your post if you find any..thanks!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts