Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Over the past few months, we've talked a lot about how our long-term 2013 Nissan Pathfinder functions as a daily-driver, long-hauler and all-weather warrior. And so far, it's earning high praise from most of us for being a well-rounded, pleasant vehicle in these regards. But the vast majority of people who actually go out and buy a Pathfinder will do so because of its people-and-stuff-carrying abilities. Nissan specifically engineered the new Pathfinder to be a softer, more widely appealing crossover than the sort of rugged SUV that it was before, and in doing so, the company is hoping its new CUV will find homes in the garages of many American families.

We needed to get some family impressions of the new Pathfinder, and fast.

Thing is, many of us Autobloggers live the kid-free life – at least that's true of most of us in the Detroit area where the Pathfinder currently resides. We have no doubts that the Pathfinder will get a proper family road trip workout from west coast editor Michael Harley after it shuffles over to the left side of the country, and it might also do a jaunt to North Carolina this summer with executive editor Chris Paukert and his family before it leaves the area, but in the meantime, we needed to get some family impressions of the new Pathfinder, and fast.

For the past couple of weeks, we handed our long-termer over to Autoblog and AOL Autos general manager and VP, Chris Eschenburg, who promised us lots of wife-and-kid impressions about this family-friendly vehicle.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder: March 2013

·
Registered
186 Posts
Overall a good summary. Unfortunately the tester in my opinion the least flattering color combination for the pathfinder as say the Black, white, or artic blue with the Charcoal interior. Those colors sell well for a reason and would have received a more favorable opinion on looks. At least they correctly point out that families like mine do love this car and will be found in many garages across america in time. I am willing to bet a stream of positive opinions from the planned upcoming kid trips assuming the tester is not an early model with initial bugs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Overall a good summary. Unfortunately the tester in my opinion the least flattering color combination for the pathfinder as say the Black, white, or artic blue with the Charcoal interior. Those colors sell well for a reason and would have received a more favorable opinion on looks. At least they correctly point out that families like mine do love this car and will be found in many garages across america in time. I am willing to bet a stream of positive opinions from the planned upcoming kid trips assuming the tester is not an early model with initial bugs.
Eye of the beholder I guess....I think the Mocha with Almond is beautiful. I think the Almond interior looks much more luxurious than the graphite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my PF 2013 with 4WD in February. I have 20,000 miles on it. Some of that mileage is towing a 3000# trailer.

The CVT is the most awesome transmission I have ever driven. No problems, no judder, jabber, stutter, nothing..

I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
442 Posts
good to hear there are happy owners with no problems. Even towing! How was power towing the 3k lb trailer?
Looks like there is a long term follow-up Review from the whole staff, and it is exceedingly complimentary across the board. Good read. :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/13/2013-nissan-pathfinder-long-term-wrap-up-video/

From the article:

"But happily, we report the following line: out of every long-term vehicle Autoblog has ever tested, not a single one has been as in-demand as the 2013 Pathfinder Platinum you see here. After 13 months of solid use, we added 24,372 miles to the Pfinder's odometer – and that's without the vehicle ever leaving the hands of our Detroit-based team (sorry, West Coasters)".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts