Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if everyone but me knew this already :D. It's been raining a lot here in VA and I just noticed that when I have my wipers set to the "On" position for 3-5 seconds and my headlights in "Auto", the headlights will turn on. I think it's a cool safety feature. I always forget to turn my headlights on when the wipers are on so this helps a lot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You are correct. The headlights will turn on after the wipers complete 4 sweeps. Once you turn off the wipers, the lights will also turn off, unless the ambient light is low, in which case it will remain on.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Cool safety feature. More of those "did you know" features :)

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Are you sure you don't have the setting too sensitive for the auto-lights?
Nope. Mine does it too and I have the lowest sensitivity level set.

Always wondered why headlights don't come on automatically with the wipers in other vehicles. I believe headlights on in rain is actually state law here in PA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What hcmah said. I initially read about this before I got the vehicle on Nissan's website, it's in the description of the headlights under the exterior category. Smart feature to say the least, I used to tell my wife never to rely on the auto headlight setting in our 06 Altima to turn on the headlights when it was raining because half the time it didn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a follow up, it works, mine took about 30 secs for the lights to come on after I turned on the wipers, and the light will turn off a couple of seconds after the wipers are off. Nice......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts