Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Liftgate, collision sensors issue!

4K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  HPNC 
#1 · (Edited)
2022 Platinum ... 9000 mi 9 months old.

So when I went to get groceries I couldn't close the liftgate with any of the buttons. Manually lowered it and it wouldn't latch, finally after a bunch of attempts it latched. Went home and now none of the buttons would open it and I had to grab all the groceries from the back doors. Later that day I went to leave and the battery was completely dead. The next day front and rear collision sensors we not working and alerted for service, but now the tail gate opened. I dropped it off at the dealership and he had a problem closing the liftgate so at least I could duplicate the problem. A few other things like the infotainment keeps resetting itself as well as the wifi. He thinks it may be a voltage issue, waiting to find out and I will update.

#2 ·
Oh wow... Not cool... I've had mine for a week now and I too observed the WiFi behavior that's been discussed in other threads. At first, I thought it was because of profiles tied to each key fob, but no. Even if I was the last driver, the next day WiFi hotspot credentials completely reset, like a new driver was detected. Curious what you hear back on the voltage issue.

#6 ·
Hey DRK-PTHFNDR - I found what you mentioned about 'key fob profiles' interesting. I know my last Nissan (2019 Rogue SL), had key fob profiles since we had the memory seat function and 'rear tilt' on the side view mirrors as well, on that car.
But, for the Pathfinder SL, I didn't know we had profiles on the 'key fob'. What would the profile be remembering?
Am I missing something?

#3 ·
So the dealership said it was the battery. Hard for me to believe because the car was running when all this happened and would be powered by the alternator. I had a 2018 altima and I remember I was always changing out the battery but never had electrical issues. 9 months old and batteries dead??? We are in AZ and I know we go thru batteries fast but it hasn't even got hot yet. Time will tell!

As for the wifi... Still can't get it to work. It connects to car but nothing happens. Calling AT&T next to see if they can even see the car in the network.

Also just learned there is a special way to have to change the wiper blades as the left one will not raise much off the glass. I have to look it up but has to do with the on off lever in the car to put it in service mode.

Besides all that absolutely in love with it. We tested everything in 7 pax class and once we could test drive the PF it was nothing like all the rest. This had everything on the want in a car list and then some. If we could only turn off the auto start stop. Lol. Nissan listen to your people, send the update!

#4 ·
So the dealership said it was the battery. Hard for me to believe because the car was running when all this happened and would be powered by the alternator. I had a 2018 altima and I remember I was always changing out the battery but never had electrical issues. 9 months old and batteries dead??? We are in AZ and I know we go thru batteries fast but it hasn't even got hot yet. Time will tell!

As for the wifi... Still can't get it to work. It connects to car but nothing happens. Calling AT&T next to see if they can even see the car in the network.

Also just learned there is a special way to have to change the wiper blades as the left one will not raise much off the glass. I have to look it up but has to do with the on off lever in the car to put it in service mode.

Besides all that absolutely in love with it. We tested everything in 7 pax class and once we could test drive the PF it was nothing like all the rest. This had everything on the want in a car list and then some. If we could only turn off the auto start stop. Lol. Nissan listen to your people, send the update!
Wow.. So a new battery fixed the voltage issue? Interesting. Well, glad it's working now and hopefully it'll stay that way too.

On the hot-spot issue, be prepared to be told to go back to the dealership. I'm having the same issue and the support agents at AT&T have zero information on the 2022 PF infotainment. I spent hours on the phone yesterday trying to troubleshoot the same issue with them.

Essentially, all devices can see and connect to the hotspot. If you press the home/menu button on the infotainment unit, look for a vehicle network indicator on the top-right corner. It should look something like this...

Font Darkness Musical instrument Auto part Circle

That means your vehicle sees and is connected to the local cellular data network.

If the vehicle icon has a slash through it (sorry, no pic of that one), apparently it can't see the cellular data network and WiFi connected devices will show the "no internet" connection message. After I finished with the AT&T support agents, I drove 5+ miles to see and compared against signal on my phones. There's clearly and issue with the PF loosing cellular data connectivity and not recovering. After I was 5+ miles, I pulled over, turned off the PF and opened the driver door for a min. I closed the door, restarted the PF and network indicator in the car network icon flipped back to connected. It's like the cellular modem hung and would not reconnect. You'll also notice that the SIM ID disappears from the infotainment settings menu when the vehicle can't connect to the cellular data network.

Good luck!

#5 ·
The dealer said they never have issues with them. I saw on another post that att may need to reprovision the vehicle and to call them. Will do this Monday.

We went on a drive yesterday and didn't notice anything but then again the battery is fully charged.

#12 ·
The dealer said they never have issues with them. I saw on another post that att may need to reprovision the vehicle and to call them. Will do this Monday.

We went on a drive yesterday and didn't notice anything but then again the battery is fully charged.
Oh and I called at&t.... Totally correct it needed re programming and now the wifi works!

#24 ·
Update: so we experienced our issue once again. The liftgate would not close. When manually lowered it would not latch until I did it a few times. The next day the new battery was dead. Saying how we are just encountering this issue I thought back to what has changed in the past few weeks. I had charging cables plugged in as well as a small flashlight that went into the 12v plug. I removed everything and went on a small drive. The battery recharged itself and the liftgate was working I plugged back in the charging cables and waited a few days... Nothing happened. I plugged back in the flashlight and the next day it had a rough start as it would with a low battery. Unplugged the flashlight and no problems since. Just to be sure I am having it checked out this week when it goes in for it 10k service and to replace the driver's wiper blade arm. This was due to the arm being set to go to far out and eventually tweaked the arm.

This goes to show that sometimes things may not be the car but the owner. I am trying the flashlight in my other vehicle now to see if it power drains that battery and plan on telling the company that makes it what it's doing to cars.

Besides this hiccup and not being able to disable the start/stop we are absolutely in love with the PF. It's the best vehicle we have ever owned and enjoy it tremendously.

#28 ·
Ok sorry for the delay. Needless to say we are still having this issue. We have had multiple parts replaced, Nissan has sent out techs to look at it and now it's not intermittent, the liftgate never works to close the backdoor. We just dropped it off for the 5th time and more corporate people are coming tomorrow. It seems there are quite a few of us experiencing this. We have replaced the PCM, actuator, and another component I believe to do with the sensor. I will post back once we get it finally fixed all the components replaced and which one solved the issue.