Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2022 Platinum ... 9000 mi 9 months old.

So when I went to get groceries I couldn't close the liftgate with any of the buttons. Manually lowered it and it wouldn't latch, finally after a bunch of attempts it latched. Went home and now none of the buttons would open it and I had to grab all the groceries from the back doors. Later that day I went to leave and the battery was completely dead. The next day front and rear collision sensors we not working and alerted for service, but now the tail gate opened. I dropped it off at the dealership and he had a problem closing the liftgate so at least I could duplicate the problem. A few other things like the infotainment keeps resetting itself as well as the wifi. He thinks it may be a voltage issue, waiting to find out and I will update.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
60 Posts
Oh wow... Not cool... I've had mine for a week now and I too observed the WiFi behavior that's been discussed in other threads. At first, I thought it was because of profiles tied to each key fob, but no. Even if I was the last driver, the next day WiFi hotspot credentials completely reset, like a new driver was detected. Curious what you hear back on the voltage issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the dealership said it was the battery. Hard for me to believe because the car was running when all this happened and would be powered by the alternator. I had a 2018 altima and I remember I was always changing out the battery but never had electrical issues. 9 months old and batteries dead??? We are in AZ and I know we go thru batteries fast but it hasn't even got hot yet. Time will tell!

As for the wifi... Still can't get it to work. It connects to car but nothing happens. Calling AT&T next to see if they can even see the car in the network.

Also just learned there is a special way to have to change the wiper blades as the left one will not raise much off the glass. I have to look it up but has to do with the on off lever in the car to put it in service mode.

Besides all that absolutely in love with it. We tested everything in 7 pax class and once we could test drive the PF it was nothing like all the rest. This had everything on the want in a car list and then some. If we could only turn off the auto start stop. Lol. Nissan listen to your people, send the update!

·
Registered
60 Posts
So the dealership said it was the battery. Hard for me to believe because the car was running when all this happened and would be powered by the alternator. I had a 2018 altima and I remember I was always changing out the battery but never had electrical issues. 9 months old and batteries dead??? We are in AZ and I know we go thru batteries fast but it hasn't even got hot yet. Time will tell!

As for the wifi... Still can't get it to work. It connects to car but nothing happens. Calling AT&T next to see if they can even see the car in the network.

Also just learned there is a special way to have to change the wiper blades as the left one will not raise much off the glass. I have to look it up but has to do with the on off lever in the car to put it in service mode.

Besides all that absolutely in love with it. We tested everything in 7 pax class and once we could test drive the PF it was nothing like all the rest. This had everything on the want in a car list and then some. If we could only turn off the auto start stop. Lol. Nissan listen to your people, send the update!
Wow.. So a new battery fixed the voltage issue? Interesting. Well, glad it's working now and hopefully it'll stay that way too.

On the hot-spot issue, be prepared to be told to go back to the dealership. I'm having the same issue and the support agents at AT&T have zero information on the 2022 PF infotainment. I spent hours on the phone yesterday trying to troubleshoot the same issue with them.

Essentially, all devices can see and connect to the hotspot. If you press the home/menu button on the infotainment unit, look for a vehicle network indicator on the top-right corner. It should look something like this...

Font Darkness Musical instrument Auto part Circle

That means your vehicle sees and is connected to the local cellular data network.

If the vehicle icon has a slash through it (sorry, no pic of that one), apparently it can't see the cellular data network and WiFi connected devices will show the "no internet" connection message. After I finished with the AT&T support agents, I drove 5+ miles to see and compared against signal on my phones. There's clearly and issue with the PF loosing cellular data connectivity and not recovering. After I was 5+ miles, I pulled over, turned off the PF and opened the driver door for a min. I closed the door, restarted the PF and network indicator in the car network icon flipped back to connected. It's like the cellular modem hung and would not reconnect. You'll also notice that the SIM ID disappears from the infotainment settings menu when the vehicle can't connect to the cellular data network.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer said they never have issues with them. I saw on another post that att may need to reprovision the vehicle and to call them. Will do this Monday.

We went on a drive yesterday and didn't notice anything but then again the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
Oh wow... Not cool... I've had mine for a week now and I too observed the WiFi behavior that's been discussed in other threads. At first, I thought it was because of profiles tied to each key fob, but no. Even if I was the last driver, the next day WiFi hotspot credentials completely reset, like a new driver was detected. Curious what you hear back on the voltage issue.
Hey DRK-PTHFNDR - I found what you mentioned about 'key fob profiles' interesting. I know my last Nissan (2019 Rogue SL), had key fob profiles since we had the memory seat function and 'rear tilt' on the side view mirrors as well, on that car.
But, for the Pathfinder SL, I didn't know we had profiles on the 'key fob'. What would the profile be remembering?
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey DRK-PTHFNDR - I found what you mentioned about 'key fob profiles' interesting. I know my last Nissan (2019 Rogue SL), had key fob profiles since we had the memory seat function and 'rear tilt' on the side view mirrors as well, on that car.
But, for the Pathfinder SL, I didn't know we had profiles on the 'key fob'. What would the profile be remembering?
Am I missing something?
It remembers your seat positions, steering wheel, general settings on the infotainment. I like overall.... Except when the other person is in the car with their keys and it thinks it's them.... Not so bad if your the shorter of the two... I end up in the steering wheel lol. Turn the welcome message on in the profiles area and when the infotainment turns on it will tell you who's profile it's on and ability to change it quick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Am I missing something?
Good question! So shortly after taking delivery of the vehicle, when I got in, the infotainment showed a message about using a "guest" profile or creating a new one (which apparently associates with your key fob). Creating a new profile and associating with your key fob saves certain settings. What settings, not entirely clear and I haven't found a lot of info on it besides this...

Font Screenshot Document Publication Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Parallel

And no, you're not the only one, I'm seeing very little information on what settings are stored beyond the screenshots I shared. Hoping there's more and I'm just missing it..

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
It remembers your seat positions, steering wheel, general settings on the infotainment. I like overall.... Except when the other person is in the car with their keys and it thinks it's them.... Not so bad if your the shorter of the two... I end up in the steering wheel lol. Turn the welcome message on in the profiles area and when the infotainment turns on it will tell you who's profile it's on and ability to change it quick
Thanks, Krazyrye1 - that is a big help. How do I access the welcome / profile section in the infotainment center?
I understand what you're saying as it seems to affect our phones. The system seems to recognize (as you said), whichever key fob gets into the car first. But I guess I didn't realize there is a profile section to access - that should help me, especially with the seats, as you said!! I am so tired of moving the seat back after my wife has been in it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow.. So a new battery fixed the voltage issue? Interesting. Well, glad it's working now and hopefully it'll stay that way too.

On the hot-spot issue, be prepared to be told to go back to the dealership. I'm having the same issue and the support agents at AT&T have zero information on the 2022 PF infotainment. I spent hours on the phone yesterday trying to troubleshoot the same issue with them.

Essentially, all devices can see and connect to the hotspot. If you press the home/menu button on the infotainment unit, look for a vehicle network indicator on the top-right corner. It should look something like this...

View attachment 16969

That means your vehicle sees and is connected to the local cellular data network.

If the vehicle icon has a slash through it (sorry, no pic of that one), apparently it can't see the cellular data network and WiFi connected devices will show the "no internet" connection message. After I finished with the AT&T support agents, I drove 5+ miles to see and compared against signal on my phones. There's clearly and issue with the PF loosing cellular data connectivity and not recovering. After I was 5+ miles, I pulled over, turned off the PF and opened the driver door for a min. I closed the door, restarted the PF and network indicator in the car network icon flipped back to connected. It's like the cellular modem hung and would not reconnect. You'll also notice that the SIM ID disappears from the infotainment settings menu when the vehicle can't connect to the cellular data network.

Good luck!
go to 2:30

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Krazyrye1 - that is a big help. How do I access the welcome / profile section in the infotainment center?
I understand what you're saying as it seems to affect our phones. The system seems to recognize (as you said), whichever key fob gets into the car first. But I guess I didn't realize there is a profile section to access - that should help me, especially with the seats, as you said!! I am so tired of moving the seat back after my wife has been in it!
It's a setting option in the infotainment. You assign key 1 and key 2 I posted the YouTube from Nissan about it. It's definitely much easier to program the key fob once then to press set 1 and set 2 on the seat memory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer said they never have issues with them. I saw on another post that att may need to reprovision the vehicle and to call them. Will do this Monday.

We went on a drive yesterday and didn't notice anything but then again the battery is fully charged.
Oh and I called at&t.... Totally correct it needed re programming and now the wifi works!

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
Good question! So shortly after taking delivery of the vehicle, when I got in, the infotainment showed a message about using a "guest" profile or creating a new one (which apparently associates with your key fob). Creating a new profile and associating with your key fob saves certain settings. What settings, not entirely clear and I haven't found a lot of info on it besides this...

View attachment 16973

View attachment 16974

View attachment 16975

And no, you're not the only one, I'm seeing very little information on what settings are stored beyond the screenshots I shared. Hoping there's more and I'm just missing it..
Thanks, DRK-PTHFNDR - this, too, is a big help. You seem to have a reference in the manual for everything! I appreciate these references and I'm trying to save them for use! Sadly, your page numbers (like the one above, 2-8) do not reconcile with my manual. But I am trying to find similar stuff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks, DRK-PTHFNDR - this, too, is a big help. You seem to have a reference in the manual for everything! I appreciate these references and I'm trying to save them for use! Sadly, your page numbers (like the one above, 2-8) do not reconcile with my manual. But I am trying to find similar stuff.
lol - just trying to learn about all the features included just like everyone else. :geek:

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts