Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 Platinum AWD and I noticed that there is a small round button next to the liftgate button on the liftgate handle. When I press it with the liftgate closed, i get rapid beeping for about 5 seconds. I looked in the manual in the liftgate release section, and the drawing shows the round button but doesn't refer to it. I admit I didnt comb through the whole manual, but does anyone know what that button is?

thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's a lock/unlock button. Just like the buttons on the front door handles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I'm the new guy here so flame me at will for no reason and let's move on.

I flagged the omission of this rear lock/unlock button on my ‘14 PF Plat & Prem to my NW FL dealer as an owner’s manual error, not that they'll act on it. Note that item A image on page 3-24 of the Owners Manual shows the Lift Gate Opener Switch is a rectangular pad just to the right of the camera. It shows but doesn't explain the protruding button to the right of the lift gate opener pad that serves the same function as the door handle lock buttons.
The 'what does this button do?' is missing from page 2-26, item 3 that says, "The doors can be locked with the Intelligent Key, door handle request switch (if so equipped), power door lock switch or mechanical key." <--This should be amended to include the lift gate lock switch! Page 3-11 mentions the rear lift gate opener switch under the CAUTION box but that's about it. Me being the I know all about Nissans but not this one tech savvy newbie owner thought there was an issue with the tailgate opening but this issue was just me, pushing the lock button that is easier to feel than the flat liftgate switch that needs to be pushed in. From a logical tactile perspective, this is backwards but I'm no (Nissan) engineer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK, I'm the new guy here so flame me at will for no reason and let's move on.

I flagged the omission of this rear lock/unlock button on my ‘14 PF Plat & Prem to my NW FL dealer as an owner’s manual error, not that they'll act on it. Note that item A image on page 3-24 of the Owners Manual shows the Lift Gate Opener Switch is a rectangular pad just to the right of the camera. It shows but doesn't explain the protruding button to the right of the lift gate opener pad that serves the same function as the door handle lock buttons.
The 'what does this button do?' is missing from page 2-26, item 3 that says, "The doors can be locked with the Intelligent Key, door handle request switch (if so equipped), power door lock switch or mechanical key." <--This should be amended to include the lift gate lock switch! Page 3-11 mentions the rear lift gate opener switch under the CAUTION box but that's about it. Me being the I know all about Nissans but not this one tech savvy newbie owner thought there was an issue with the tailgate opening but this issue was just me, pushing the lock button that is easier to feel than the flat liftgate switch that needs to be pushed in. From a logical tactile perspective, this is backwards but I'm no (Nissan) engineer. :rolleyes:
/Flaming emoticon here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts