Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Life expectancy of a 2015 Pathfinder SL AWD with Tech package

Tags
a/c repair
5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Tutti57 
#1 ·
Hi all, with the risk of stirring up a lot of S**t I would appreciate your input in the following. I live in eastern Ontario where we get plenty of winter. My 2015 Pathfinder has 180,000Km on it and has been dealer maintained. I have had some larger repairs to it such as the cooling fan assembly. I am now trying to figure out if I should drive it longer or trade it in. Kelley's Blue Book Canada states it's trade-in-value hovers in the $15K range (it is a crazy market right now). I am looking for 'known issues' with older pathfinders that are pricy to fix. For example currently I am awaiting repair of the A/C lines (to the rear) which appears to be a pathfinder issue. Complete repair including Taxes is about $2.5K. Are there any other 'Pathfinder issues' you know and I should be aware off? much appreciated!

#2 ·
As I'm sure you're aware, CVT issues are always a concern. Some other concerns for an aging Nissan, or any similar make model are.. and this is just a few:

Rust and corrosion
A/C compressor and HVAC electronics.
Alternator
Transfer case
Rear coupling
Engine mounts
Subframe bushings
Control arms
Catalytic converters, of which there are 3, along with a very expensive exhaust system.

All these are very expensive repairs.

#3 ·
It’s always tough to decide whether to keep or replace an older vehicle.

We had a 2013 Platinum 4wd with 100k miles on it. After 9 years of great service with only very minor repairs we decided to trade it in on a 22 SL Premium 4wd.

I feel very fortunate that we got such good service out of our 2013.

22 SL Premium AWD
Build date 6/22

#4 ·
I have a 2013 SL with 163k miles of New England winter. It's been doing well, though I did have to replace the rear subframe this past November, due to rust. I've ordered a 2022 Platinum, because it's time to be done with this one. I wanted to get 200k from it, and I'm sure I could if I kept throwing money at it, but it's got these little vibrations and behaviors that are telling me it's time. I absolutely could have done a better job maintaining it though.

#8 ·
No possible way of knowing due to many factors. With used car prices now and no new car invenrory, I can't imagine replacing it now is the best option. Especially if it currently has no issues. The next vehicle may come with its own set of problems, especially if it's a new model year. In that case it's got the warranty and I wouldn't care. Some do though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.