Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Led bulb upgrade for halogen headlights
Hey guys & gals, my buddy installed a set of led low beams in my 16 Pathfinder platinum and I was so pleased with the oem look but higher output of light. I have bad vision at night and asked if there was a better one available and I was blown away at the difference. The video doesn’t do it any justice I will will make a video with night view. It’s amazing. I didn’t want to spend 1,000-2 on projector headlight mod so this was my best alternative under 130$ and it’s plug n play. That’s my Pathfinder in the video. Please let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing these Led headlight bulbs he does shippping in the U.S..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0Bll329fI

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's great info. I bought mine off of Amazon and love the results. I replaced Highs, Lows and Fogs in the front, Reverse and License in back and all interior to 6000K LEDs and looks great. Did all that for ~$100-$125. LED bulbs have come a long way and pricing has come down. While I read fan failure is small, I still wanted a bulb without a fan so the ones I bought have a heat sink on the back. I looked and my PF has a lot of room in the back for good air circulation. Time will tell.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's great info. I bought mine off of Amazon and love the results. I replaced Highs, Lows and Fogs in the front, Reverse and License in back and all interior to 6000K LEDs and looks great. Did all that for ~$100-$125. LED bulbs have come a long way and pricing has come down. While I read fan failure is small, I still wanted a bulb without a fan so the ones I bought have a heat sink on the back. I looked and my PF has a lot of room in the back for good air circulation. Time will tell.
Which ones did you get from Amazon?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Which ones did you get from Amazon?
Remember, my PF is a 2017 SV. Not sure if other years/trims are the same. As I mentioned, I am very happy with my results. Just hoping they hold up over time.

I got these for high, low and fogs. They were $25.99 when I got them. Looks like they went up to $32.99 now. 3 pairs:
Auxbeam H11

I got these for reverse bulbs. 1 pair. I went with the CAN-BUS for error free but I don't think our PFs have the CAN-BUS system:
Melcan 1000

I got these for license plate and interior 2nd row lighting. 2 pairs:
Safego

I got these for the interior rear cargo light. Only need one bulb but came in 4 pack:
Cutequeen

And I got these for the visor vanity bulbs. 1 for each side. I did have to shave some plastic with a razor blade. There is a small tab in the socket. These are just a hair longer and the tab was easy to shave. Guessing 30mm vs OEM in inches:
ZHOL Super Brights

·
Registered
265 Posts
BTW, Here is the Beam Cutoff with fog lights off:

And here is the Beam Cutoff with fog lights on. With the fogs on, there is a little light above the cutoff which I light when on bumpy road but not enough to be flashed. You can see the cutoff line is not as sharp:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW, Here is the Beam Cutoff with fog lights off:

And here is the Beam Cutoff with fog lights on. With the fogs on, there is a little light above the cutoff which I light when on bumpy road but not enough to be flashed. You can see the cutoff line is not as sharp:
Did you have to adjust anything did the leds face the right way with install? Did the plug fit good i read some people had polarity reversed and used electric tape to hold it other car models anyways. Going to order them they were out of stock but back in stock today

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did not adjust anything. The LEDs only install 1 way in the socket. The plugs are polar so if they don't turn on when you 1st install, unplug and turn the plug around. I did not need any tape - they have a good tight fit. All but the passenger fog were changed from above. Took about 10 minutes for lows, highs and driver fog. Passenger fog I had to get from below. I was able to get between 2 pieces of plastic without actually removing them. I stuck a piece of wood there so my hand wouldn't get pinched. this added some time as I was looking at what to do before doing it. Once I figured out I could get between the plastic, this went quick as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not adjust anything. The LEDs only install 1 way in the socket. The plugs are polar so if they don't turn on when you 1st install, unplug and turn the plug around. I did not need any tape - they have a good tight fit. All but the passenger fog were changed from above. Took about 10 minutes for lows, highs and driver fog. Passenger fog I had to get from below. I was able to get between 2 pieces of plastic without actually removing them. I stuck a piece of wood there so my hand wouldn't get pinched. this added some time as I was looking at what to do before doing it. Once I figured out I could get between the 0plastic, this went quick as well.
Cool just odered them on amazon and they will be here today love same day shipping lol

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool just odered them on amazon and they will be here today love same day shipping lol
That's the ones I got. If you get a chance, snap a before and after photo. I forgot. Some folks on the forum may want to see. I think my pic of the cutoff against the wall is helpful but if you could shine one down a dark road before and after, it could shed some light (pun intended) on some folks' concerns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's the ones I got. If you get a chance, snap a before and after photo. I forgot. Some folks on the forum may want to see. I think my pic of the cutoff against the wall is helpful but if you could shine one down a dark road before and after, it could shed some light (pun intended) on some folks' concerns.
Yeah i will do that no problem

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
121 Posts
I went with these through Amazon. Daytime and fogs. Super bright white. Love them. $40 for the DT, $28 for the fogs. These Alla reverse lights are like having headlights in the rear. Insanely bright. Back up cam looks very vivid and clear at night.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use the beamtech for headlights in both vehicles and sealight in my fogs, light color matchs too. I use lasfit for the T10 bulbs. Had them a few months so far no issues or error bulb out codes. Cant beat Amazon's free shipping even if you are not prime member.

·
Registered
2018 PF
9 Posts
I went with these through Amazon. Daytime and fogs. Super bright white. Love them. $40 for the DT, $28 for the fogs. These Alla reverse lights are like having headlights in the rear. Insanely bright. Back up cam looks very vivid and clear at night.
View attachment 15391 View attachment 15392
That is actually a great idea throwing them on the reverse light!

Ended up getting LEDEagle ones from amazon (Canada). They were on for $70/set but its a Canadian company and a buddy has had them for over 2 years. Stoked!

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
121 Posts
That is actually a great idea throwing them on the reverse light!

Ended up getting LEDEagle ones from amazon (Canada). They were on for $70/set but its a Canadian company and a buddy has had them for over 2 years. Stoked!
The reverse lights do not disappoint. My favorite LED out of all of mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts