Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pics of my 2001 LE with leather seats with 186K miles vs my 2022 SL with 2K miles. I don't like what I'm seeing. Anyone else having concerns over the leather being to loose? My driver seat is doing the same thing.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Car seat cover Automotive design Car Grey Material property

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 - About 3k on my 22 PF (SL) and seeing the same. I'm going to check later today if it goes back or stays that way permanently.

Also concerned about the fine strip of clothe they chose to add around the leather, which seems to be located in high friction areas of the seat. Very likely that it'll start fraying with enough friction..
I figured they might be doing that because the leather always seems to crack on the edge of the seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you and found something rather similar!
I picked up my Nissan on 3/30/22, and have a mere 1,639 miles on it so far.
After reading your posts and seeing your pictures, I felt like I was 'saved', as something similar is happening to my drivers seat as well. The passenger seat is fine.
Here are two pictures of the drivers seat and one of the passenger. (The sun glare was a challenge this morning. If it's not clear, let me know and I will take a couple more in better light! However, if you enlarge the picture, the loose leather is pretty visible.)
My first 6-month appointment is scheduled for 9/30/30. It was scheduled automatically when I picked up the car. I may move it back since my mileage in September may be too low (from my perspective) to take it in for the first service. However, whenever I do make the appointment, I plan to bring this to their attention.
Looks the same. I'm guessing they will look like crap by 10k miles. 😒

1 - 3 of 3 Posts