Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,010 Posts
i wonder if this part is a DIY. is it hard to swap out if you get your pathfinder on ramps?
i assume it's under the car....
If we're talking the fuel rail, I believe the intake manifold has to come off to get to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm talking the dampers, which i assume are on the fuel rail,
not sure where these are in 2015 Pathfinder,
or if Pathfinder has it on a hose
i saw some vehicles have one on a hose somewhere

the noise is annoying, and would like to try to save some $$ and fix myself
i already replaced my radiator fan assembly, it was tough but all good now
just need to stop hearing this annoying noise
i thought it was transmission, or lack of trans fluid, this annoying knocking when car is in idle

·
Registered
12 Posts
the sound comes from DRIVER side right under my feet,
as when i put my head , or shall i say ears on the carpet,
i can really hear it

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I don't know enough about this issue to say your issue is for sure the dampeners on the fuel rail. If you did want to replace those, the fuel rail has to come off. I'm not even sure they're replaceable without replacing the whole rail. It's the only post from the guy above who posted it months ago.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you're feeling and hearing noises transmitted through the floor, it could be an engine mount or front sub frame bushings. Some other really fun Nissan anomalies.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you're feeling and hearing noises transmitted through the floor, it could be an engine mount or front sub frame bushings. Some other really fun Nissan anomalies.
No, that is exactly where I hear mine. As if it was coming from where the accelerator pedal is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yep right around, beneath that accelerator pedal, from under,
so jman, you just ignore it? or turn up the radio?
i assume when you are accelerating or driving , noise goes away,
it just comes back when you take your foot off the pedal,
so that makes me think there is nothing loose,
you hear noise, when you are not accelerating, moving or not moving, coming to a stop with foot off pedal

·
Administrator
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The intake manifold has to come off, although it is scary it is not that complicated. I had to remove it on my Mazda 6 to change the rear plugs and coils.

From these two pics it appears that these dampers can be purchased separately. If you change yours please document it as I will follow.

·
Administrator
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yep right around, beneath that accelerator pedal, from under,
so jman, you just ignore it? or turn up the radio?
i assume when you are accelerating or driving , noise goes away,
it just comes back when you take your foot off the pedal,
so that makes me think there is nothing loose,
you hear noise, when you are not accelerating, moving or not moving, coming to a stop with foot off pedal
Mine is only noticeable when the weather warms up, mostly silent during Winter and it doesn't get too loud unless the engine and ambient are super hot.
The PF if the wife's car so I only drive it occasionally on weekends but yes, it is only noticeable when idling and for the next second when accelerating. Silent above 1,500 rpms. I do not hear it when coasting, maybe road noise masks it.
After all what was said on this thread, I am 90% positive it is the dampers. I might remove the engine cover sometime and try to push a "hearing hose" under the manifold.

·
Administrator
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for that diagram
Thats for the 2015 PF?
Seems like a cheap fix mas rockauto has these dampers at about $13 each
From the 2014 service manual but it is the same for the 2013-2016.
Nice find, have a list of stuff to buy from them as soon as the borders open.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jman só to get to these dampers
It’s from the top of the motor
Or from underneath car?
Aince noise can be heard under
I’d think you have to lift car.
Would you be doing the repair yourself?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Access from the top of the engine to get to the fuel rail. Like said, intake manifold comes off to get at it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum !
I met a Nissan Tech who suggested that same part, here is the TSB for it.

Took it to two different dealers, one first said it was not normal and then, after meeting with the service manager came saying it was normal. The other dealer said it was the radiator fans and when I asked them why the noise increased with rpms, they said it was because the fans were driven by the engine... that was my last interaction ever with a Nissan service dept.

I haven't fixed it yet, now that I know what it could be, I'm not worried anymore.
Whoever said the fans were driven by the engine needs to be fired...they are electric and in no way controlled by the motor...at all.

My PF makes all sorts of noises but I have a ton of aftermarket parts. Specifically the cold air intake.

Now that I listened to the video a few times mine makes almost the same noise but I assumed it was because I have stiffened the bushings and mounts, used to be a quiet ride...back in 2015 lol

Try doing an exhaust leak check, maybe that causing it to idle rougher

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. For all those who are having this diesel sounding cabin engine noise. Thanks to this forum I was able to take it to my mechanic and tell him what to do. Since the scanner didn’t pick anything up. Upon having the discussion of replacing the fuel dampers (fuel regulators), he told me let’s give it a shot. He replaced it along with new intake manifold gaskets—— and the knocking sound it gone. Finally!!!! There’s also an increase in power. Hope this helps. There are two dampers one in front of the engine. The other at the back of the engine. The manifold needs to come off for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. For all those who are having this diesel sounding cabin engine noise. Thanks to this forum I was able to take it to my mechanic and tell him what to do. Since the scanner didn’t pick anything up. Upon having the discussion of replacing the fuel dampers (fuel regulators), he told me let’s give it a shot. He replaced it along with new intake manifold gaskets—— and the knocking sound it gone. Finally!!!! There’s also an increase in power. Hope this helps. There are two dampers one in front of the engine. The other at the back of the engine. The manifold needs to come off for that.
Great, I am having this same diesel noise and it is getting worse. I will replace the dampeners/regulators. I am glad someone has tried it and it had positive results. Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer just called and guess what... they are now saying that knocking sound is normal...
:bang:
Said they have another one that does the same noise... guess 2 vehicles with the same issue makes it right !
I have the same issue!!! The knocking sound wasn’t there before and now it’s there any time I am in idle position. This is my first Nissan and probably my last. The tailgate lift also broke due to rust!!!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts