Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 7hour interstate drive last week, I made a stop. When i restarted the Pathfinder, a notification popped up on the dashboard -“low oil pressure see owners manual.” This sound started happening. I turned the car off and restarted, notification was gone. No check engine light is on, dash looks normal. But there is this knocking sound that has gotten worse sense last week. Went to Autozone to get an ODB reading and the code came back as a bad fuel pressure sensor. Ive had to drive the car and the knocking seems to have gotten worse, the knocking sound does change speed with acceleration. Sometimes, the sound goes away for a mile or two. Before the knocking started, that first day last week there was a high-pitched whining sound. The car definitely isn’t accelerating as strongly as normal.

Side note: Randomly the car emits a bluish smoke, chemical smell. Its been doing that for about 3months but passed emissions.

What is this knocking sound? Are these all separate problems?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
Trying to think of something that can rattle but not self destruct.
I'm thinking timing chain tensioner or guide but the sound should be on the passenger side of the engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to think of something that can rattle but not self destruct.
I'm thinking timing chain tensioner or guide but the sound should be on the passenger side of the engine
The knocking moves from left right and then front to back of the engine.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
Top or bottom?
If I were you I'd remove the oil pan and check how things look down there and if there are any metal shavings. That is fairly easy to do, make sure you get a new gasket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top or bottom?
If I were you I'd remove the oil pan and check how things look down there and if there are any metal shavings. That is fairly easy to do, make sure you get a new gasket.
Top I believe. I have no tools or skills. Just trying to see if anyone else had this happen and knows what it is before I take it to someone. I dont have a mechanic who i trust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts