Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Knock on accelaration

3304 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Iluvatar98
Hi all i just bought a 2014 pathfinder TI and noticed a knock when taking off. If i take off really slowly it doesnt happen if i take off normally i can hear a knock. Feels like its coming from under the car. Car has 76000kms. Did anyone else have something like this happen and if so what was the problem.
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
@Bushman had a clunk/thump or some other crazy noise if i recall correctly
Also notices a bit of a shudder today. Low speed
A knock when accelerating could be engine or transmission mounts. It could also come from a bad control arm.
Now, that would be just a one time knock, if you hear a series of them then it could be in your power train.
A quick way to check engine mounts is to switch between reverse and drive multiple times while pressing the brakes. You should hear the knock and see the engine rocking too much.
Hi all i just bought a 2014 pathfinder TI and noticed a knock when taking off. If i take off really slowly it doesnt happen if i take off normally i can hear a knock. Feels like its coming from under the car. Car has 76000kms. Did anyone else have something like this happen and if so what was the problem.
Yes I have the same problem. Just bought it yesterday and it only happens after 15 minutes of continuous driving, which is why it went unnoticed during test drive.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts