Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using the keyless entry to start our Pathfinder I noticed that only one headlight comes one while it is running.

When you enter the car and push the start button both lights then come on. I tested both lights while running and high and low both work. It seems like a glitch when it is started with the key fob.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
No, I've not seen a time when only one headlight comes on. That does seem odd to me - I will try to replicate it tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Nope, I can't replicate this. When I do a remote start, both headlights come on.

One little anomaly I have noticed (related to the headlights) is that the 'auto' function doesn't work. It's pretty much the same as turning the headlights 'On'. Regardless of the settings for light sensitivity, they are always on when set to Auto.

If anyone has any ideas about that one, I'd be all ears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I em experiencing the same issue with the "auto" headlight. Doesn't go off even in sunny day light. Anybody knows why? Any adjustments? Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I em experiencing the same issue with the "auto" headlight. Doesn't go off even in sunny day light. Anybody knows why? Any adjustments? Thx.
You can supposedly adjust the auto light sensitivity in the Vehicle Information Display under Vehicle Settings. Mine was set for the middle sensitivity setting, I adjusted to the least sensitive ("Standard"), but it doesn't help.

I thought maybe the inspection/emissions stickers were blocking the sensor, but it turns out that it's not on the driver side - it's on the passenger side (though they look identical).

I'll ask the dealer about it at my first oil change and see if they have any ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Check if you set the fog lights on. If it is on, the head & fog lights are always on.
Indeed they are set on. Interesting. Where did you find out that little nugget? (and thanks for sharing)

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Check if you set the fog lights on. If it is on, the head & fog lights are always on.
You were absolutely correct on this! The auto feature now works - but only with the foglights off. Bummer, I was accustomed to this working even with the fogs on with my old Pilot.

Anyway, thanks for saving me some frustration, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wonder why the fog lights have to be off. I guess it wouldnt make sense to have the foglights on and not the headlights.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When using the keyless entry to start our Pathfinder I noticed that only one headlight comes one while it is running.

When you enter the car and push the start button both lights then come on. I tested both lights while running and high and low both work. It seems like a glitch when it is started with the key fob.

Anyone else notice this?
I have the same issue but it seems to go off and on. When I remote at home one of the headlights is off then when I do it at work they both work. I am going to have it checked during my first oil change. By the way the remote start headlights are not the same as your low beam lights. It seems that the car uses special specific lights just for the remote start option.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I have the same issue but it seems to go off and on. When I remote at home one of the headlights is off then when I do it at work they both work. I am going to have it checked during my first oil change. By the way the remote start headlights are not the same as your low beam lights. It seems that the car uses special specific lights just for the remote start option.
Can you report back what the dealer says? I haven't noticed this yet, but I don't use the remote start all that often. I'm curious if it's some kind of a bug, or perhaps a behavioral thing (i.e. does it in certain circumstances, like the lights set to a certain position auto/off whatever).

·
Registered
30 Posts
It annoys me that I have to lock the car before I use the remote start, not so much the locking part, but the fact that every time you hit the lock button, the horn beeps.

I don't wanna honk the horn 4am when I'm leaving for work, its rude to the neighbors. My accord locks on first button, then if I hit it again, it honks. That would be much nicer on the Pathfinder, especially since I have to lock it before I start the remote start.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
It annoys me that I have to lock the car before I use the remote start, not so much the locking part, but the fact that every time you hit the lock button, the horn beeps.

I don't wanna honk the horn 4am when I'm leaving for work, its rude to the neighbors. My accord locks on first button, then if I hit it again, it honks. That would be much nicer on the Pathfinder, especially since I have to lock it before I start the remote start.
You can disable the beep in the VID under Vehicle Settings - though once you do that, you will get no audible confirmation when you lock the car, so you'll have to pay attention to the lights flashing.

Reactions: cfrp and Slcbtf

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can disable the beep in the VID under Vehicle Settings - though once you do that, you will get no audible confirmation when you lock the car, so you'll have to pay attention to the lights flashing.

Good tip. Would be awesome if a bunch of helpful info like this can be found in a sticky.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yep. I think pretty much all new cars have this.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Yep. I think pretty much all new cars have this.
My experience has been a little different. Typically with keyless entry, one will push the lock button on the remote once and get a visual lock confirmation - a second press will usually give you the horn beep as an audio confirmation.

The PF works a little differently. The first press of the lock sounds the horn.

If you lock via the door handle button (on models with the smart key), you'll get an electronic beep (one for unlock, two for lock).

If you disable the beep using the settings noted above, ALL audio confirmation is disabled, including the door handle beeps.

This is a bit odd to me - and I can see where it would be a source of frustration for others.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Headlight color and auto door lock?

Can you owners please tell me what color does the headlights generate? Is it really yellow like a normal sedan? Anyone try to change it to a PIAA white bulb and is it difficult to do yourself?

Also, is there a setting to do auto door lock after it does not detect the key for a period of time? This would be a great feature.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Can you owners please tell me what color does the headlights generate? Is it really yellow like a normal sedan?
The Pathfinder (all trims) use standard halogen headlights. I don't find them to be especially 'yellow', but they're certainly not blue like these pretend Xenon headlights.

Anyone try to change it to a PIAA white bulb and is it difficult to do yourself?
Nope, but it doesn't look particularly difficult to access the bulbs.

Also, is there a setting to do auto door lock after it does not detect the key for a period of time? This would be a great feature.

thanks,
If I'm not mistaken - if the doors are unlocked via keyless, but not opened, they will re-lock automatically after a period of time. But no, they will not lock themselves if you simply walk away from the car while it's locked.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you owners please tell me what color does the headlights generate? Is it really yellow like a normal sedan? Anyone try to change it to a PIAA white bulb and is it difficult to do yourself?

thanks,
I believe OEM lights are rated for about 3000-4000K

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks cwa107.

I was hoping that it would relock, or lock (a nice feature) since the key is not near by, it should lock over time.. I forget to lock my current Lexus RX all the time and have to wonder and decide to walk back to check.. what a waste of time.

It would be great to get in there and change the bulb when I get my pathfinder. I can't stand the yellow lights.. I don't want them blue either, but the whiter ones is the ones I have in mind.. I think I read the fog lights uses the same bulbs, but those can be as yellow as they want.

The Pathfinder (all trims) use standard halogen headlights. I don't find them to be especially 'yellow', but they're certainly not blue like these pretend Xenon headlights.

Nope, but it doesn't look particularly difficult to access the bulbs.

If I'm not mistaken - if the doors are unlocked via keyless, but not opened, they will re-lock automatically after a period of time. But no, they will not lock themselves if you simply walk away from the car while it's locked.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts