Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago, I parked in a parking garage at a mall, when we returned back to the car, I tried to open the doors with my key fob and nothing would happen. I had to open it with the little key, then the car wouldn't start, saying it didn't detect a key. after several attempts it finally worked. it worked fine the rest of the day and ever since. What I noticed was that there was another PF parked one spot over in front of ours, I mentioned to my wife, I wonder if having that PF so close interfered with the key fobs frequency or something??? Has anyone experienced something similar? I wasn't paying attention, but i wonder if my fob was opening the other PF's locks lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bet either your key fob or your PF needs a new battery. My son's 2014 Mazda 6 ended up one night going completely crazy - lights flashing, radio coming on and off, it would not recognize his key to start the car, warning lights galore. It had previously been slow to recognize his key to start the car, and not always unlocking the doors when his key was in his pocket.

Turns out, his battery in the car was almost dead and that fixed the issue. The guys at the Mazda place thought it was a low battery in his key fob first. They said that low batteries in cars with keyless start and lots of electronics do really weird things when the battery gets low.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet either your key fob or your PF needs a new battery. My son's 2014 Mazda 6 ended up one night going completely crazy - lights flashing, radio coming on and off, it would not recognize his key to start the car, warning lights galore. It had previously been slow to recognize his key to start the car, and not always unlocking the doors when his key was in his pocket.

Turns out, his battery in the car was almost dead and that fixed the issue. The guys at the Mazda place thought it was a low battery in his key fob first. They said that low batteries in cars with keyless start and lots of electronics do really weird things when the battery gets low.
This was actually a few months back and it hasn't happen since, so I'm not sure it was a battery issue, but who knows. I'll let my service guy know the next time I'm in for an oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts