Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm having issues with my remote. The vehicle alerted me my remote battery was low so I decided to swap it out, but after doing so I lost all functionality of my remote buttons, having to go into the dealer for them to reprogram it for me (it was cheap to do so, but it still came out of pocket since I am out of warranty). The issue I have now is that, after replacing the battery, the distance on the remote is terrible. I live in a 3rd story apartment and my car would be parked at a pretty good distance and I would be able to remote start it from my balcony, but now unless I'm 5 feet away from the vehicle, it won't even unlock my doors. Any clue what might be the issue?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Have you tried your other remote? Maybe that one is pooched. And changing the batteries should not require a dealer reprogramming - I've changed the batteries in mine a few times.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried your other remote? Maybe that one is pooched. And changing the batteries should not require a dealer reprogramming - I've changed the batteries in mine a few times.
I only have one remote at the moment. Its been extremely difficult to purchase a second remote due to compatibility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might be you didn't get a really fresh battery, just because it's new doesn't guarantee it's fresh. I also have changed mine a couple times and don't understand "programing" need. I don't believe there is anything to even re-program.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just swapped it for a "new" battery again and it's still the same. I think I'm going to end up just having to purchase a new remote since the batteries aren't helping the situation. There goes $200 I didn't want to spend before new years.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you using a "brand" battery?
Buy Energizer or Duracell if you have not already.
No one sells any locally, all I have is the chinese brand. I tried to purchase one off of amazon, but the reviews for all the name brand batteries were horrible.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I finally got my new batteries in the mail. Culprit was my keyfob, it looks like its just too old. After replacing the battery on it and my spare, it works, but the distance is still pretty much the same, but my spare remote which I never use can start my vehicle from a much farther distance. So I'll be purchasing a new remote off of ebay soon and just storing this just in case I need it in the future. Thanks to all that replied, as always, I appreciate the help and input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would still suggest the 'bad' FOB isn't getting a good solid battery connection and unless you have taken an alcohol wetted Q-tip to swab both battery connections in the FOB (battery removed) I think if worth a try. Also, make sure those connectors on the FOB are not bent flat because they need to pressure touch the battery for a good connection. You can carefully" bend them slightly to restore the tension but do so *carefully.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would still suggest the 'bad' FOB isn't getting a good solid battery connection and unless you have taken an alcohol wetted Q-tip to swab both battery connections in the FOB (battery removed) I think if worth a try. Also, make sure those connectors on the FOB are not bent flat because they need to pressure touch the battery for a good connection. You can carefully" bend them slightly to restore the tension but do so *carefully.
I will definitely try cleaning the connections, because it is really strange that everything went haywire when the battery was intially replaced, the fob was working perfectly before that, all it had was a low battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts