Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The R53 2022+ is equipped with the same engine as the R52 2017-2021 Pathfinder.
There have been multiple reports about sludge buildup on the VQ35DD engines and cases in which Nissan has refused to cover the cost of a new engine when the owners cannot prove that the oil changes have been done at the recommended intervals. Neglected maintenance they call it.

So, keep your receipts, avoid doing your own oil changes (at least during the warranty period) and if possible, get your oil changes done at a Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good advice, I've never had issues with Nissan engines, but I had sludge in VW passat. VW refused to cover engine replacement because I was missing two receipts over 4-year time frame. Will never buy another VW

·
Registered
8 Posts
The R53 2022+ is equipped with the same engine as the R52 2017-2021 Pathfinder.
There have been multiple reports about sludge buildup on the VQ35DD engines and cases in which Nissan has refused to cover the cost of a new engine when the owners cannot prove that the oil changes have been done at the recommended intervals. Neglected maintenance they call it.

So, keep your receipts, avoid doing your own oil changes (at least during the warranty period) and if possible, get your oil changes done at a Nissan dealer.
This is exactly what happened to my 2018 Pathfinder and they wanted $12k to fix/replace the engine. When I traded it in for my 2022 I bought the extended 100k warranty and the package for recommended services. Now the ownership is on them when I do my regular maintenance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts