Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just sold my Range Rover Sport because it was simply too nice and pricey for what I want to use my SUV for.

I am a solo hunter in CO and often find myself in rough terrain and after personal referrals and a lot of research, I landed on a used Pathfinder for the awesome space to camp in, the 4.0L and the durability.

My first goals this winter are to put a 3-4” lift in it and buy some bigger A/T tires. Also probably beef up the underneath with some protective plates.

I was wondering what else I should know about these machines and if there are things I should consider replacing before they go bad. Or if anyone has recommendations for the upgrades I mentioned (lift and skid plates).

Thank you in advance and I look forward to being part of the community!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all. I just sold my Range Rover Sport because it was simply too nice and pricey for what I want to use my SUV for.

I am a solo hunter in CO and often find myself in rough terrain and after personal referrals and a lot of research, I landed on a used Pathfinder for the awesome space to camp in, the 4.0L and the durability.

My first goals this winter are to put a 3-4” lift in it and buy some bigger A/T tires. Also probably beef up the underneath with some protective plates.

I was wondering what else I should know about these machines and if there are things I should consider replacing before they go bad. Or if anyone has recommendations for the upgrades I mentioned (lift and skid plates).

Thank you in advance and I look forward to being part of the community!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Transmission cooler is part of radiator. Has a tendency to crack causing leak with engine coolant and then tranny rebuild.

front and rear wheel hubs.

check rear alignment and caster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts