Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the the judder/shudder has been very minimal the past month. Mainly going 10-30 mph and especially when making a left turn, but it's happened going straight as well. It's been off and on, but this last week it's been much more noticeable. Last night something weird happened where the car wouldn't turn over, even though the battery is less than 6 months old. I had to get a jump start to get it running again. It's the morning now and everything is still running, so far so good.

Went to Autozone since last night since all the shops were closed already. I wanted to see if the battery was still good and I also wanted to see if any codes would be pulled since I've felt the judder/shudder. The battery passed, but two codes were pulled.....the dreaded P17F0 code and C1109 code. I have a feeling the C1109 code (vehicle dynamics control switch) has something to do with the battery and it needing replacement.

Here are my questions. The build date on my 2014 Platinum Pathfinder was July of 2014. It's now November, I have an appointment at the dealership in a few hours. Will Nissan still cover my car for the CVT to be replaced even though it's technically 7 years and 4 months old? I remember reading that the 2013-2014 non-hybrid CVT warranty extension was for 7 years/84,000 miles. Current mileage on my pathfinder is 76201.

Now, if they don't cover it, I still have my extended warranty through Maxcare it was a 60 month/100K extended warranty, which i still have 26350 miles left and 24 months. Has anyone claimed their CVT replacement through Maxcare and how did it go? Did you have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed afterwards and how long did that take?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,136 Posts
Sounds like you're covered either way. Was the maxcare contract bought through the selling dealership? They'll probably push it off onto that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you're covered either way. Was the maxcare contract bought through the selling dealership? They'll probably push it off onto that.
Thanks for replying back PoManzPathy, I appreciate it. I bought the maxcare contract through carmax when I bought the pathfinder in August 2018. I've had all maintenance done at Autonation Nissan here in Vegas. I used to have a great service advisor, but he no longer works there. The guy I saw last looked and acted like he could give a flying f***.

I have a feeling that the stealership will say that since I'm 4 months over that they will have me go through maxcare, but I'm sure glad I bought the extended warranty. Btw, did you know how long it usually takes to get the whole CVT replaced? Thanks again..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just left the pathy at the stealership. Service advisor said the car was still covered under Nissans extended warranty for 2013-2014 cars. Only thing is they won’t give me a loaner car and he doesn’t know how long the car will take to get repaired. Anyone know of what the average repair time would be? A week? A month?
I’m glad I still have the maxcare extended warranty on it too, right before it expires, we are definitely going to trade the pathfinder in and get a Subaru Forrester or Toyota 4Runner.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Once they get the replacement CVT on order and delivered, it's a day to get it installed. I think it's upwards of 8hrs book time, but a tech that's done it before probably gets the job done in a couple of hours at most.

The problem today is everyone is short on personnel and parts can be on short supply and take a long time to get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once they get the replacement CVT on order and delivered, it's a day to get it installed. I think it's upwards of 8hrs book time, but a tech that's done it before probably gets the job done in a couple of hours at most.

The problem today is everyone is short on personnel and parts can be on short supply and take a long time to get.
Thanks again PoManzPathy for your insight. They still haven't gotten back to me today and service closes at 7pm pst. The service advisor said he would get back to me ASAP, but said Friday would be most likely when he would find out more info. He said the same thing you said about parts and personnnel being short and he said that it might even be rebuilt. If it's rebuilt is the warranty still 1 year/12000 miles? They are also closed on Sunday, so just my luck. Just trying to see how long I would need to rent a car since I have work Th/Fri/Sat.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yeah, all replacement transmissions, CVT or otherwise are remanufactured. Only in very rare circumstances like a brand new model year, etc would a new from the factory transmission be available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts