Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new SL has made a strange noise that sounds like someone dropping something metal (like chains) on the passenger floorboard. Before going to the dealer and getting the "you're crazy" look from the Service Department, I wanted to ask if anyone here has had a similar noise from their Pathfinder. There is absolutely nothing in the vehicle that could be causing this sound, but it has occurred three times.

Thanks in advance!

DrDanH

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on your new ride but yikes! Hopefully its something simple, like a loose heatshield or flex pipe or broken weld joint, or maybe manufacturing debris that is lodged somewhere along the exhaust system that rattles in the right condition. Is yours 4WD? Maybe something is not seated right? Whatever it is, it sounds like an intermittent problem. Is there certain conditions when it happens? initial/cold start? going over rough pavement? turning left or right? Should be easily addressed under Warranty. If you do get it checked out, pls report back what the fix was. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our new SL has made a strange noise that sounds like someone dropping something metal (like chains) on the passenger floorboard. Before going to the dealer and getting the "you're crazy" look from the Service Department, I wanted to ask if anyone here has had a similar noise from their Pathfinder. There is absolutely nothing in the vehicle that could be causing this sound, but it has occurred three times.

Thanks in advance!

DrDanH
We have a 2022 SL Premium and the noise your describe does not sound familiar. Sounds like a trip to the dealer.....

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
We have a 22 Platinum and no noises. In fact, it may be the quietest riding vehicle we've ever owned including our previous 19 Armada which was already quiet.

Probably a loose heat shield or something along those lines rattling. Might crawl underneath and just kind of jostle things around. You may be able to find it yourself and avoid a dealer service department trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's something that you hear during acceleration, I had similar experience on my '19 Pathfinder, but it happened during the last year of my lease and I really did not have the time to take it to the dealership for them to look at it. I know this doesn't help you at all, but I didnt notice any decrease in performance and it wasn't loud enough to annoy me since I either had music playing or my windows were rolled up where I couldn't hear it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! We will be traveling in the Pathfinder this weekend, and I will be trying to see what I have to do to repeat the noise. I'll check the heat shields before we leave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies! We will be traveling in the Pathfinder this weekend, and I will be trying to see what I have to do to repeat the noise. I'll check the heat shields before we leave.
Keep us posted as to what you come up with.....

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance!

DrDanH
Yes, I have the new 2022 SL 4WD and mine makes a loud vibration noise in the passenger floorboard when accelerating. I have only had it a week. We think we have isolated it to a large piece of plastic that covers the undercarriage of the car. This plastic is on both sides but the one on the driver's side is much larger. The middle of the plastic is very flimsy and not secured to any metal underneath. I am not even sure why this flimsy plastic is under the car. I have wondered if it was something the dealer was supposed to remove after delivery. Like it should only be on there to protect the underneath during transportation. I plan on making an appointment with my dealer or calling Nissan and asking about it. Rather annoying on such an expensive vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I have the new 2022 SL 4WD and mine makes a loud vibration noise in the passenger floorboard when accelerating. I have only had it a week. We think we have isolated it to a large piece of plastic that covers the undercarriage of the car. This plastic is on both sides but the one on the driver's side is much larger. The middle of the plastic is very flimsy and not secured to any metal underneath. I am not even sure why this flimsy plastic is under the car. I have wondered if it was something the dealer was supposed to remove after delivery. Like it should only be on there to protect the underneath during transportation. I plan on making an appointment with my dealer or calling Nissan and asking about it. Rather annoying on such an expensive vehicle.
Interesting. We just drove ours about 500 miles last weekend, and only heard something briefly one time. Did not seem related to acceleration, as we were cruising on the interstate. Still trying to duplicate the noise. It is promising (in terms of solving the problem) that someone else has experienced a noise in the same area. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the same vibration issues when driving 65 mph+ and gets worse the faster I drive. I do not feel it in the steering wheel or in the rear of the vehicle, but below the floor board. I just picked up my 2022 Pathfinder SL this weekend and noticed the vibration yesterday when driving on the interstate. I know it's not a wheel/tire balance or tire road force issue, because the vibration symptom is similar to the same vibration symptom I had with my Honda Passport. The prop shaft was replaced on that vehicle and took care of the vibration. Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts