Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Like many I'm sure, I am just trying to do my homework on a new vehicle. I just ordered my new Pathfinder after driving one at a dealer and I quite enjoyed the drive, feel and features for the price. I am just wondering if Nissan has fixed the shudder/judder problem that is noted accross many posts and sites? Mine is being built as we speak. I am not worried that it will eventually be a non issue but my nearest dealership is 4 hrs away so service is not an easy task.
Thanks in advance for any replies and info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are more people not having the problem than those that are. Most people having it have 2012 build dates. If your PF is buing built now...I would not worry too much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying back. As in most cases, and like someone has said before in a different post, people are more prone to post about problems rather then write about vehicles with no issues. That is why this is a great venue to check into these things.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Truth is. Someone will make a thread or post saying they have a problem but noone is going to make a thread or post specifically to tell people they dont have a problem. So there are definitely much more of those who do not have the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We purchased our the beginning of March. It was manufactured 11/2012. No problems with juddering, until YESTERDAY, with about 1,600 miles.

I called the dealer today and told the kind service advisor I had a few issues I needed resolved; bubbled trim peice on the front passenger door, passenger airbag light activated with my 90 lbs son in the front seat and yesterday the Pathfinder did the judder thing I have been reading about on here since early March. I thought maybe I was a lucky one and that it wouldn't happen. I was wrong. It was very noticeable and just like others say. It happened at about 20 mph right after a turn and felt like I was driving on rumble strips while approaching a stop sign. It lasted for at least a second. If you feel it, you will know it. You won't be wondering. It is obvious.

The dealer said to bring it in Monday. They have the trim piece waiting. The airbag issue shows an open recall on my VIN and he was aware of the CVT shuddering issue advising they will need to reprogram the CVT. I will post how it turns out.

Other than these nuisance issues, we are loving the Pathfinder and our local Nissan Dealership is treating us very well!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Truth is. Someone will make a thread or post saying they have a problem but noone is going to make a thread or post specifically to tell people they dont have a problem. So there are definitely much more of those who do not have the problem.
I gotta chime in. My plat/prem is 2 months old with 700 miles on the clock. I have absolutely no issues, problems or flaws in the outfit. By the way, we call SUVs and pickups either outfits or rigs in Montana.

Well. . . . One small problem . . . It's dirty. Darn rain

Get it and enjoy your outfit . . . Or rig.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my Pathfinder in Jan. and noticed the shudder/vibration issue within a couple weeks. I spoke to the service manager and he spoke to a regional Nissan tech guy and was told that Nissan is aware of the issue and engineers are working to resolve the problem. They hope to have a fix in the future and it will be a Nissan Initiative to resolve the problem. I was told to call the dealer service dept the first of every month to see if the "fix" has been released yet. Other than this problem, I love my Pathfinder. I would like to have running boards installed but Nissan apparently doesn't have that accessory yet. Has anybody had any aftermarket running boards installed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a prospective owner. During some searching in other Nissan forums it seems this shudder has been present in many models if not all that have CVT's going back several years. If those haven't been fixed, it doesn't bode well for the new Pathfinder. CRAP!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I am a prospective owner. During some searching in other Nissan forums it seems this shudder has been present in many models if not all that have CVT's going back several years. If those haven't been fixed, it doesn't bode well for the new Pathfinder. CRAP!
That's really bad, it's as if Nissan has ignored the issue since they let it go on for a few years or the fix for this is taking them a really long time.

Doesn't seem like they have sent updates out either about it. Do you know if they kept the public posted about a possible fix in the works?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my Pathfinder in Jan. and noticed the shudder/vibration issue within a couple weeks. I spoke to the service manager and he spoke to a regional Nissan tech guy and was told that Nissan is aware of the issue and engineers are working to resolve the problem. They hope to have a fix in the future and it will be a Nissan Initiative to resolve the problem. I was told to call the dealer service dept the first of every month to see if the "fix" has been released yet. Other than this problem, I love my Pathfinder. I would like to have running boards installed but Nissan apparently doesn't have that accessory yet. Has anybody had any aftermarket running boards installed?

Please update us on the "shuddering" when you contact them in May......thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
File a Complaint with the NHTSA

You need to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to get Nissan moving on recalling these Pathfinders. They are a safety hazard and people are going to start getting hurt.
We purchased our the beginning of March. It was manufactured 11/2012. No problems with juddering, until YESTERDAY, with about 1,600 miles.

I called the dealer today and told the kind service advisor I had a few issues I needed resolved; bubbled trim peice on the front passenger door, passenger airbag light activated with my 90 lbs son in the front seat and yesterday the Pathfinder did the judder thing I have been reading about on here since early March. I thought maybe I was a lucky one and that it wouldn't happen. I was wrong. It was very noticeable and just like others say. It happened at about 20 mph right after a turn and felt like I was driving on rumble strips while approaching a stop sign. It lasted for at least a second. If you feel it, you will know it. You won't be wondering. It is obvious.

The dealer said to bring it in Monday. They have the trim piece waiting. The airbag issue shows an open recall on my VIN and he was aware of the CVT shuddering issue advising they will need to reprogram the CVT. I will post how it turns out.

Other than these nuisance issues, we are loving the Pathfinder and our local Nissan Dealership is treating us very well!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
You need to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to get Nissan moving on recalling these Pathfinders. The shuddering and loss of power is a safety hazard and people are going to start getting hurt. Here is the link: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml
NHTSA and contacting Nissan USA is what I'd advise and make them aware that the NHTSA is aware of your issue. It's what I would do.

And for anyone looking to contact Nissan USA, here ya go! NissanUSA.com - Contact

1 - 14 of 14 Posts