Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to posting on the forum, but have been reading your posts for a number of months now. Despite a little bit of apprehension mainly due to the transmission issues, we decided to go ahead and purchase a new 2013 pathfinder.

We placed the order at the end of March, but got a call this week from the dealership saying that they could now order it. Apparently we were on a waiting/allocation list, but nobody told us that when we ordered. It feels like 6 weeks wasted :(

Anyway, the next thing on that call was that they have now moved onto making 2014 models, and that we will be getting one of those instead of the 2013. Apparently the only change is in the color options, but I find it interesting and confusing that they are already changing to 2014 production models when it is only May 13?

Anyway, I'm hoping that it means any issues with the 13 model have been ironed out *fingers crossed*

So to sum things up, we are now waiting for the factory to build a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum with Mocha Stone exterior and Almond Platinum leather interior. ETA is approx 8-12 weeks.

I'm looking forward to taking part in future forum discussions with you all... Hopefully positive ones :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. Found a model that we liked from another dealership and brought it in. So far, we have found the pathfinder impressive. Gas mileage is a huge saving and the trips to the gas pumps are extremely reduced. We were told that we were going to have to wait till september to get out 2014 though. That is why we looked for something already produced. No problems with it so far (fingers crossed)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi CR7,
Did it cost you more money or was it a straight up switch into 2014 model??

Hi all,

I'm new to posting on the forum, but have been reading your posts for a number of months now. Despite a little bit of apprehension mainly due to the transmission issues, we decided to go ahead and purchase a new 2013 pathfinder.

We placed the order at the end of March, but got a call this week from the dealership saying that they could now order it. Apparently we were on a waiting/allocation list, but nobody told us that when we ordered. It feels like 6 weeks wasted :(

Anyway, the next thing on that call was that they have now moved onto making 2014 models, and that we will be getting one of those instead of the 2013. Apparently the only change is in the color options, but I find it interesting and confusing that they are already changing to 2014 production models when it is only May 13?

Anyway, I'm hoping that it means any issues with the 13 model have been ironed out *fingers crossed*

So to sum things up, we are now waiting for the factory to build a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum with Mocha Stone exterior and Almond Platinum leather interior. ETA is approx 8-12 weeks.

I'm looking forward to taking part in future forum discussions with you all... Hopefully positive ones :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a straight up switch to the 2014 model, but they did say that they would honor the price they gave me for the 2013, which possibly suggests the 2014 could see an increase, but who knows?

The major annoyance for us was that the availability of color combinations have changed for some reason with the 2014 production models. We had ordered a dark slate/almond 2013, but we had to change the exterior color for the 2014 as that combo is not available. It seems a bit ridiculous to me, but apparently that's what's going on.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It was a straight up switch to the 2014 model, but they did say that they would honor the price they gave me for the 2013, which possibly suggests the 2014 could see an increase, but who knows?

The major annoyance for us was that the availability of color combinations have changed for some reason with the 2014 production models. We had ordered a dark slate/almond 2013, but we had to change the exterior color for the 2014 as that combo is not available. It seems a bit ridiculous to me, but apparently that's what's going on.
Almost every time a new vehicle comes out, it's a bit more than the last unless the car maker is feeling generous or wants to make a point to the industry.

dark slate/almond looked good to me, sucks to see it's getting cut for 2014, i hope this wasn't because or poor sales. do you know about anything else being cut for 2014?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy at the dealership told me through email that the only change to the 2014 production models is the availability of certain color combinations. I don't know whether to believe that, but I have it in writing just in case it turns up with any other changes I dislike.

As an FYI, here is the information sheet I was sent regarding color availability for the 2014 production models:

Mocha Stone - Almond
Super Black - Almond
Moonlight White - Almond
Arctic Blue - Almond

Mocha Stone - Charcoal
Brilliant Silver - Charcoal
Dark Slate - Charcoal
Super Black - Charcoal
Cayenne Red - Charcoal
Moonlight White - Charcoal
Arctic Blue - Charcoal

As you can see, if you really want the almond interior, your exterior color choices are massively reduced compared to the 2013 models. This also shows that they have decided to cut the "Desert Sand" color option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I could find any differences between the 2013 and 2014 Pathfinder online. The only difference I could find was in the hybrid versions. The 2014 hybrid has slightly better fuel economy and improved cruising range.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, there is no information available online for the traditional 3.5L V6 2014 models.

The only thing announced is the additional Hybrid version for 2014.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yeah, there is no information available online for the traditional 3.5L V6 2014 models.

The only thing announced is the additional Hybrid version for 2014.
I noticed that, the Pathfinder Hybrid, especially with all the news the Infiniti JX would be called a QX60 for 2014 with a hybrid model.

Have you looked into the new QX60 and see what it has? Might be a way to see what new things our 2014 Pathfinders will have.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny - I placed an order on April 10th and it went thru for a 13 model...
Our original order was March 25th and it went through as a 2013 order. However, the dealership was backed up, and couldn't actually place our order until last week, May 8th.

It seems like at some point in between those two dates, they decided to stop production of 2013 models and transition into 2014 production models.

I'm in a weird situation... On one hand I'm happy that we will be getting a 2014 model (newer model, improved chances of any kinks being ironed out, better resale value), but on the other hand I know absolutely nothing about it, and also had to change to our 2nd choice color.

I'm just gonna have to play the wait and see game...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see - guess if your not in a hurry it's nice to get the 14 - bet there is little if any changes since it's already a new model. Hope they fixed the little issues though!!

I just sent an email to my dealer to verify - I'd like to get the 14 but don't really want to wait for it. Although I really don't need the new vehicle - just trying to keep the current car under 60k miles..

Hope it works out for ya!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see - guess if your not in a hurry it's nice to get the 14 - bet there is little if any changes since it's already a new model. Hope they fixed the little issues though!!

I just sent an email to my dealer to verify - I'd like to get the 14 but don't really want to wait for it. Although I really don't need the new vehicle - just trying to keep the current car under 60k miles..

Hope it works out for ya!!
Yeah, I don't anticipate any major changes/additions, as like you said, it's already a brand new model/redesign. Having said that, blind spot warnings would be nice (but highly unlikely) :)

Let me know what your dealer says and whether you find any additional information on the 2014 production models.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I find this very troublesome. A car that has only been out for 8 months is basically discontinued and new buyers are being told they have to wait months for the new model? WTF? What is wrong with the 13 that they are willing to risk losing sales momentum to delay sales until the 14? I finally got over my CVT anxiety (I'm not convinced they have solved long term issues) and now this - anyone else concerned?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Talked to dealer today... order system has not allocated a vehicle for me yet so looks like I'm getting a 2014 also. Waiting to hear back - he was going to try and get some answers .

·
Registered
81 Posts
One word: CVT. :( I bought mine 16 days ago, and it's been in the service department for 10 of those.
Did you test drive it before you took it home? I would think you would have noticed a problem during the test drive if it has been in the shop 10 of the first 16 days you have owned it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The guy at the dealership told me through email that the only change to the 2014 production models is the availability of certain color combinations. I don't know whether to believe that, but I have it in writing just in case it turns up with any other changes I dislike.

As an FYI, here is the information sheet I was sent regarding color availability for the 2014 production models:

Mocha Stone - Almond
Super Black - Almond
Moonlight White - Almond
Arctic Blue - Almond

Mocha Stone - Charcoal
Brilliant Silver - Charcoal
Dark Slate - Charcoal
Super Black - Charcoal
Cayenne Red - Charcoal
Moonlight White - Charcoal
Arctic Blue - Charcoal

As you can see, if you really want the almond interior, your exterior color choices are massively reduced compared to the 2013 models. This also shows that they have decided to cut the "Desert Sand" color option.
Would you mind sharing the entire information sheet / car specs with us? just curious to see if any changes were made to lighting / folding mirrors or other things many of us were hoping would be upgraded in future models.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you test drive it before you took it home? I would think you would have noticed a problem during the test drive if it has been in the shop 10 of the first 16 days you have owned it.
Of course I did. For about 20 minutes, actually, through neighborhoods and the freeway, and while I did notice a mild shudder once, the sales guy told us that's how the CVTs feel. It was much more mild than the incidents that I am taking issue with.

It was fine the night we took it home and the next day which was Sunday. It doesn't do the shudder all of the time, in fact I would say only about 25% of the time, but the power loss issue is completely unacceptable at ANY time, whether or not it did it during the test drive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would you mind sharing the entire information sheet / car specs with us? just curious to see if any changes were made to lighting / folding mirrors or other things many of us were hoping would be upgraded in future models.
As I mentioned, the information sheet only outlines the new color options for the 2014 production models, which I listed out in a previous post. I have no information on any other changes/additions at this time.

I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts