Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like the judder issue has hit the news, which is great for those affected. Also includes some new info and a response from Nissan that says the issue should be fixed with a recall this June.

If you experience the problem, it may be a good idea to email them and let them know. The more people, the more likely the pressure on Nissan.

I really hope the 2014 model we are expecting to be delivered next month does not have this problem :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine just started having the judder issue right at the 2000 mile mark. It does it consistently almost every time we gently and slowly accelerate from 15 to 25 mph. Only gripe with this awesome vehicle. Can't wait to see some recall about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nissan's response in this story sounds like a replacement part and not a reprogram. It will be interesting to see how much evidence Nissan will require to replace this part.

Quote from story...
On Tuesday, the company told us, "A new part has been developed for 2013 Pathfinders that exhibit symptoms similar to those Ms. Holzworth describes. The necessary part should be available at Nissan dealers in June."

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is really good news. My first 2013 Pathfinder SV lost power twice, and the loaner they gave me lost power once (I made them come get it that same day). I almost changed my mind completely on this vehicle, but I decided on one more chance.

I am now in an SL and while it hasn't lost power, it definitely has the judder, about to hit 900 miles. Here's hoping they follow through on their timeline.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Along with that media report, someone posted it on pissedconsumer.com:

I leased the '13 Pathfinder, my first "new" vehicle in November '12!.Within the first month I started experiencing what everyone is calling the "juddering" issue,.

It took 3 going into the service department because they told me they couldn't fix the issue unless I could replicate the problem:. Finally on the 4th attempt it did it". I also had a faulty passenger side airbag that was a recall defect/. is sticking with this is not a safety issue/.

I have researched online and what seems to be a nationwide common issue, if you continue to drive your vehicle with the judder it eventually just loses power while you're driving|. How is that NOT a safety issue? I refused to take back my car until they fix it but I am still paying a hefty monthly payment for a $55k car that is useless to me..

With all these numerous complaints of the same , why is not doing anything???I will never buy a Nissan again. 322eacf

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Transmission
this month is near the end so hopefully in the next couple weeks at most something from nissan will come up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just got off the phone with my Nissan dealer. I am heading over to pick up my Pathfinder now. This is the third time it has been in for the "judder" problem. So the dealer just told me two things that should be of interest. 1) They applied a new software patch to my vehicle. This patch was just released last night. 2) They are expecting Nissan to issue a recall on the torque converter "any day now". This is potentially good news if it is accurate :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer just confirmed over email that the 2014 model will have this "new part" installed as standard to address the CVT stuttering and loss of power issue that has plagued the 2013 Pathfinder.

We are currently expecting our new 2014 model to arrive mid July (ordered beginning of May).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well it's about time.

interested in what part is causing the problem.

Good to hear the 2014s will be fixed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I checked with my dealer today. They said they looked for new tcm software and didn't see anything and have not heard anything from Nissan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked with my dealer today. They said they looked for new tcm software and didn't see anything and have not heard anything from Nissan.
Oh Brad, did you not read the posts above?

They have developed a "new part" to fix this problem, which implies it is not a standard TCM software fix.

They also said some point in June (likely the end) before that part is available to customers at their dealerships.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh Brad, did you not read the posts above?
I did and, and if you re-read them you will see somebody mentioning a new TCM software their dealer said just was released.

EDIT: Read post #10

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dealer just confirmed over email that the 2014 model will have this "new part" installed as standard to address the CVT stuttering and loss of power issue that has plagued the 2013 Pathfinder.

We are currently expecting our new 2014 model to arrive mid July (ordered beginning of May).
Do you happen to know what "part" it is and how it will be installed?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you happen to know what "part" it is and how it will be installed?
No idea on the "new part", although I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it was something to do with the torque converter.

I haven't seen any additional statements from Nissan on the subject besides my original post in this thread, but the fact they have had to publicly admit the problem of stuttering/power loss is a big win for those affected.

If the fix comes in June as announced, it will hopefully put an end to all of the troubles for the poor people who's vehicles are affected by this serious issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No idea on the "new part", although I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it was something to do with the torque converter.

I haven't seen any additional statements from Nissan on the subject besides my original post in this thread, but the fact they have had to publicly admit the problem of stuttering/power loss is a big win for those affected.

If the fix comes in June as announced, it will hopefully put an end to all of the troubles for the poor people who's vehicles are affected by this serious issue.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will finally be addressed. I have also read about a possible torque converter fix, so it will be interesting to see what they announce next month.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I did and, and if you re-read them you will see somebody mentioning a new TCM software their dealer said just was released.

EDIT: Read post #10

After reading that too I called the dealership today and asked if they had heard anything new on the software update. The person I spoke to said he hadn't heard anything yet, that all he knew was that Nissan was still re-writing the tcm programming. He said mine was one of several that they were waiting to fix. At that point I didn't even bother to ask about the other impending recall that's been reported, my guess was he wouldn't know what I was talking about. Seems some dealerships tend to be more informed than others.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts